Acronis seems not to work w/ RAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pearsons_11114, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pearsons_11114

pearsons_11114 Registered Member

I have the latest build and I'm using modern hardware, nothing funky. TI 10, Windows XP Pro SP2, Dell P670, CERC SATA software RAID, 150GB Raptors, Intel Pro 1000.

TI 10 does not have drivers for my Dell RAID controller. (You'd think standard gear from Dell would make the cut, no?). Using BartPE and a driver from Dell, it recognizes the drive and restores successfully, but when I boot the restored OS, I get blue screen. Note this must be RAID-related, as the restore works perfectly when the same drives are un-RAIDed.

Would like to know other people's experiences. Does TI work with RAID or are the marketeers off the reservation? I see there's a bit of traffic, but no one with my exact problem. Would also appreciate any pointers of further troubleshooting my problem. I'm ready to try another product at this point as this is only one of many problems I've had with software. TIA.

2. pearsons_11114

pearsons_11114 Registered Member

Does not work with RAID

I have the latest build and I'm using modern hardware, nothing funky. TI 10, Windows XP Pro SP2, Dell P670, CERC SATA software RAID, 150GB Raptors, Intel Pro 1000.

No driver for Dell controller, so I had to use BartPE. This works ok with respect to this problem (I had many) as long as I put only TI 10 on the BartPE disk. As soon as I put Director on there as well, all partition operations fail. For any operation, I get the message that I need to reboot. After I do, the operation has not been performed. Note that I have no problems using the exact same setup when the disks are not RAIDed. TIA.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ATI works okay with Nvidia raid with BartPe

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pearsons_11114,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware. It could be possible that the drivers for the particular RAID controller you used were not included into the standalone version of Acronis True Image or the existing drivers do not work properly. Therefore, could you please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please create Acronis Report, Windows System Information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Provide the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller and hard drives you use.

As for the issue with restored system ("it recognizes the drive and restores successfully, but when I boot the restored OS, I get blue screen"), please clarify the following:

- Did you created the image of the entire hard drive or you created the image of the system partition only?

- Did you restore the image of the entire hard drive or the image of the system partition only?

- Did you restore the image to the original location or not?

- What exact error message have you received? When exactly have you received it?

Having collected the requested information, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

P.S. I have merged two threads you have started since they are concern the same issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.