Acronis Security Zone back up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eafernandes, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eafernandes

eafernandes Registered Member

I have made a image of my new Windows Vista installation some days ago into Acronis Security Zone. It spent 9 GB. But I forgot to create this image in a DVD. Now my HD data has increased so much and if I try to make a new image to DVD I will spend more that 10 DVDs to do that. Question: Is it possible to copy Acronis Security Zone (partition)to a DVD as a image to use it when I have a crash of my hd in the future? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

It is not possible to copy your original backup in full to DVD from the secure zone.
    Is your hard drive partitioned with one partition for the OS and programs and another for data ? If not it is something you should seriously consider. It would then be easier to make seperate backups of systems and data.

Your existing Secure zone image could be restored to another hard drive and this copy of your original set up could be imaged afresh to DVD.

Xpilot

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I have not tried this but it is probably possible if you were to change the partition type in the partion record (using a disk editor) you could make it look like a standard partition and use TI to image it.

F.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eafernandes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis Secure Zone is designed as being accessible only by Acronis True Image itself. Therefore, as pointed by Xpilot, it's not normally possible to copy (or do any other action) with the archives stored there.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. eafernandes

eafernandes Registered Member

Perhaps I made this a little confused. I know that Acronis Secure Zone data is only acessible by Acronis True Image. That is not the point. I want know if I can backup up my Acronis Secure Zone image (the entire partition) to a DVD and then use it when my HD crashes, obviously using an Acronis botable DVD. This is the point: May I use Acronis Secure Zone recorded at HD and transfer it to a DVD? Or should I spend 10 DVDs and make a new image of my recent data?

Thank you so much

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Creating a backup using multiple DVD is an accident waiting to happen. It is not safe. It is not secure. Do yourself a favor and buy an external usb or firewire drive. It will be quicker and much safer.

There has been some recent postings of individuals using 3rd party programs Disk management programs and changing the type of partition so the contents of the Secure zone could be copied. It is not recommended but people have done it. You can search the forum for such a posting.

One such posting is here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=191967#4

Another sub-link from that posting is:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=141882

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eafernandes,
    Yes, it's possible to create an image of Acronis Secure Zone, and then use it to restore your hard drive. Please notice that there are several points to be aware of:

First, the restore operation will have to be two-step: restoring the Acronis Secure Zone partition, and then restoring the image located in it. This will make the space required for restoration effectively double.

Second, there should be no Acronis Secure Zone already present on any of computer's drives, since several Acronis Secure Zone partitions will most likely lead to program confusion. So, if by the time you need to restore there is another Acronis Secure Zone, please remove it from the computer before starting the restore operation.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.