Acronis Secure Zone Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rico11, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rico11

rico11 Registered Member

I have a laptop with Windows XP Home on it. I have TI version 9. But I've tried 10 as well. My problem is that I make the secure zone and get to the press F11. I press F11 and get the GUI and click on the one to get to the software. Then it says, "Wait, loading . . ." and nothing. That's where it stops. It won't boot into the software so I can do a restore. I've not had this problem with this software before.

In using Disk Director, I can see there is a folder and files in the zone. I assume they're the software. Can someone tell me why the software won't come up and what I need to do to correct this?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

When you press F11, the system boots into the Linux version of TrueImage. It sounds like your system is having a problem running the Linux operating system.

Create a Recovery CD from within TI.

Boot from that CD which should take you into the Linux version of TI.

If it fails to boot in Full mode try Safe mode.

Let us know what you find out.

Check the Stickies at the top of this forum for things to try to make the Recovery CD boot successfully in Full mode. Be sure to try the "quiet acpi=off noapic" option.

What brand/model is your laptop?

3. rico11

rico11 Registered Member

I have done that. It won't boot to the CD unless I set it to hit the CD first. In addition, it won't work in safe made as it only sees the C drive --- not the external hard drive where my image is located. Forgot, I have a Toshiba Satellite. I think it's a M45. About 1 or 2 years old.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rico11,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and reactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you try booting from the CD and hitting F11 so you could enter "quiet acpi=off noapic"? (No quotation marks when you enter this.)

6. rico11

rico11 Registered Member

I entered quiet acpi=off noapic and it did in fact let me in. My PC doesn't boot from the CD, however. So I had to set it to boot from the CD first. But I did manage to get it to work. Seems to me it's a bit of a bug in the software. It should come right up when you press F11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.