Acronis Secure Zone is full and cannot be cleaned automatically

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by quazar1961, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quazar1961

quazar1961 Registered Member

Hello people

I run Acronis True Image 9.0 build 3.633 that runs automatically on a daily base but lateley I've been getting this error
    Acronis Secure Zone is full.
    Acronis Secure Zone is full and cannot be cleaned automatically. We suggest that you start the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard for increasing free space.: None

Can anyone help me

Thank you

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

This sort of error can arise if you have a base image and several incrementals which have filled the zone . Trying to fit in another incremental wiil not work through lack of space. The normal FIFO process will not run as removing the oldest image would leave you with no backups at all.
    If this is your problem the quickest solution would be to remove the secure zone using the manage zone wizard and then reinstate it using the same tool. Then you can start afresh with a new base image. Do not fill it up with lots of incrementals but make a new base image from time to time and the FIFO management can then kick in.

Xpilot

3. quazar1961

quazar1961 Registered Member

Thanx for the in Xpilot :D

4. mcongosto

mcongosto Registered Member

Then how is the correct way of doing it? should I schedule another task to make a full image once in a while and an increnmental daily? shouldn't Acronis be smart enough to do this by itself instead of having to schedule 2 diffrent tasks? this is very confusing.

Check https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=95069 as you can see i've been confused for 2 years about this.

thanks.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You could start another full image task either manually or by schedule. It is best to do this before you get a full-up message. AFAIK a full backup will run after the zone has topped out through lack of space though I have never got myself into that bind.
    Being a "Bear with a very small brain" who likes an easy life I just use full images on a big enough HDD.

Xpilot

6. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Hi, quazar1961 to take a page from the Acronis posts on this site I would update my TI to "the latest build" ( at least build 3677, that's where I stopped). That has nothing to do with your problem thiough.
    If you scan the posts on this forum, you will find that the consensus seems to be that most of the successful TI users do not use the secure zone and recommend that all the backup/images be copied to another hard drive usually an external one that can be removed and stored in a safe place. Quite a few of us only copy "full images" and keep several old images, "just in case".

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hmm.. I used to think like that and kept more than one copy of my backup images until I realised that backup images are not an end in themselves. Far more important and useful IMHO is a spare, restored, ready to go HDD, in fact I use a rotation of three of them.

So I still use a secure zone on a slave HDD and use this as an interim step to regularly update my swappable HDDs. The method is fast, secure and bullet proof.
    Sometimes it pays off not to follow the herd [​IMG]

Xpilot

8. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I agree with you wholeheartly Xpilot and some day I will be going that route also.
    Just a little harder for us poor country bumpkins to get to the big city to shop at the computer stores. Plus being on a "fixed" income makes it very hard to keep up with "the other herd" so as the prices drop I expand.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mcongosto,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Xpilot is correct and you can clear Acronis Secure Zone (containing one full image and incrementals to it) by creating a new full image.
    Please notice that such feature was implemented in Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the form of Acronis Backup Locations. Those are user chosen folders that Acronis True Image manages in a similar to Acronis Secure Zone way, but they remain accessable by user. It's possible to schedule an automatic creation of a new full backup every chosen number of incremental ones when using Acronis Backup Locations. Please see the respective User's Guide for detailed information.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. blueno

blueno Registered Member

I have a a parallel problem - the slave hdd is reported full, even with the minimum secure zone and teminates without copying to the SZ. Acronis (:cool: will not set up a second zone on a new larger SATA 2, deferring to the slave ata only.

So do I have to risk losing everything by eliminating the D: SZ and hoping Acronis will agree to create a SZ in the G: SATA?

blueno

11. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You should be able to do it if you disconnect the D. Reconnect if needed, but remove the G first.

12. blueno

blueno Registered Member

sorry to be such a newbie - your solution seems actually the most elegant however I lose the second ata which is not a big deal but - if I clone the d: on the g:, thus saving the SZ, it seems to be renamed d: if the gui is right?would there be any way then of accessing the (old) D: would it then be renamed g: or other drive name? and formatting it, knowing the SZ was safely saved on the "new" d: which would now be the sata g:? that would save the d: for the kids for storage of mp3s and the like. would the bios care that the new D: was sata not ide?

many many thanks: setting up the sata on a7n8x-dx has been a nightmare, and I don't want to risk another crash! Acronis works now after windows cd reboot, I think, but won't update - just reverts to low res big screen loop/reboot and needs windows reboot after attempt to update, even after total uninstall/reinstallation. Acronis is of course no help.

blueno

13. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Since your system drive is still running okay, I would remove the D altogether. When you reboot, the new Sata would probably have the D drive letter. Create a new SZ on it, and do a full backup of the system drive to the SZ.
    After the backup, you can remove the SATA, reconnect the old D and format it.

BTW, you know that you do not have to use the SZ at all and many users prefer not to, because only True Image can access what is in the SZ, thereby severly limiting your options to manipulate the backup images.

14. blueno

blueno Registered Member

Advice worked perfectly, now I have C:, D: and G: with sz on G: all functioning perfectly and acronis 8.0 didn't even hiccough throught the procedure. My sincere appreciation for the advice.

blueno

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.