acronis says 9 days to complete

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mac25, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

true image 9.5 echo ws w/ur v9.5 build 8018 reporting 9 days to recover the image stored on a windows home network, i have upgraded the mobo to msi 975 pue v2.1 and setup intel raid 0 [have the floppy and driver cd], the screen just freezes when you select the target file and select next.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

the images were created from a intel 945pvs mobo, i installed a Msi 975PUE mobo, using the bootable cd created with true image 9.1 ws with universal restore i attempted to restore the image from a windows home network computer where i have a dedicated backup hard drive, it showed 9 hours to complete and rising after about 40 minutes i cancelled the task, i tried again with acronis true image 9.5 echo workstation with universal restore [the cd was made from another work station computer] and it halted because of error but its time was way up also, i tried it with cds made with universal restore and without, no luck!!!!!!!!!!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mac25,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

since i could not get acronis to restore the image with/without universal restore the only choice i had was to reload.
    1.UR could not find drivers from the OScd or windows.
    [PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2361&SUBSYS_72461462&REV_2]
    2. there were other drivers as well, when the error occured i had to reboot, again i would retry, acronis would error again that the image was now corrupt, i had 7 images, the result was the same from all, apparently acronis corrupted the images after the first attempt.

all images were kept on an a non OS internal hard drive, after a creation i verified that image.

WHERE is the best place to keep an image, internal HD, external HD, another computer that is networked, DVDs [not really a choice for me as the images are @ 30-60 GB].

i would like a simple solution to a backup/restore software that doesnt require a degree in computer scripting/coding and the use of DOS commands, i cannot dedicate HOURS/DAYS to bring a workstation back on line.

the chipsets are not that far apart in technology, intel 945 and intel 975, the only thing that was different between the two were a different hard drive and motherboard, everything else was the same.

i did try to boot into safe mode, same result as windows, screen would freeze and computer would lock up and not respond.

a repair install left the computer scrambled with left over trash, both in windows and the registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.