Acronis Rescue CD ISO downloadable?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Somadis, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somadis

Somadis Registered Member

Do I need Acronis True Image software to make a bootable rescue CD?

I am asking this question because my friend have a CD burner and I don't. I am planning to burn a rescue CD at his house, but I need to know if there are any link/url that let me download the Acronis Rescue CD .iso

All helps are greatly appriciated.

>Best Regards,
    >Minh Nguyen

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

When installing ATI, you can choose to only install the Rescue CD builder. Also if you purchased a boxed copy of ATI, you can use the CD as a rescue cd media.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If you have a large enough USB flash (pen) drive then later versions/builds of True Image enable you to create the Rescue Media as a bootable CD ISO image file. Create or copy the ISO image file to a USB flash drive and then burn the ISO image to CD at your friend's house.

Alternatively, TI can create the Bootable Rescue Media directly onto the USB flash (pen) drive. If you have trouble getting the flash drive to boot, check out MudCrab's thread on how to create a bootable USB hard disk. Post #1 of that thread now contains a link to his instructions for creating a bootable flash drive.

Regards

Menorcaman

4. Somadis

Somadis Registered Member

It seems that this software is really that wonderful.

Thank you all for your replies.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Another option, if you had registered a downloaded version with Acronis, you could log into your account and redownload the complete program, install and then make a bootable cd using the Create Bootable Media option.

Colin

6. Menorcaman

No can do Colin as Somadis said he doesn't have a CD/DVD burner. :)

Regards

Menorcaman

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah I was thinking he could do that at his friends house, so long as he removed the copy once he'd finished - hmm that opens up a whole new can of worms, forget I typed anything:D

8. Menorcaman

No, you're right, he could do that provided TI is uninstalled from his friend's computer afterwards and he doesn't "gift" his mate with a copy of the Acronis rescue CD. However, as you intimated, fully uninstalling TI is easier said than done!! :p :D

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.