Acronis Recovery Manager/Bootable Rescue Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robert_R, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert_R

Robert_R Registered Member

What's the difference, if any, between these two functions?

Thanks!! :)

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

The bootable Rescue Media has the basic Backup, Recover, Clone features as well as the Manage Acronis Secure Zone function.

3. Robert_R

So if my computer crashes do I use:

Bootable Rescue Media
    Acronis Recovery Manager
    or
    My last full backup (image)

Thanks!! :)

4. Ralphie

You would boot with the bootable Rescue CD and use the Recover function to restore a Backup Image that you would have made before the crash. The Backup Image is best kept on another hard drive (internal or external).
    I have never had reason to use the Recovery Manager. Maybe someone would describe a unique situation where that is useful.

5. mustardman

mustardman Registered Member

Good question, I would assume if someone poached their drive they could at least have that protected partition that would boot acronis and restore an image from somewhere, either in the same partition or from CD or USB HD drive.

6. Robert_R

I could restore with the image without using the Recovery Manager (at least I think I could) so why would I need it (Recovery Manager) for a system crash.

I just really want to get the jist of this "before and if" something happens to my computer.

I found no threads, etc.. explaining the steps to recover from a system crash

Thanks!! :thumb:

7. Ralphie

What I said in #4 is how to recover from a hard drive crash. Nothing more complicated than that. And again, I've never had cause to use the Recovery Manager.

8. Robert_R

Sorry dude. Didn't comprehend it correctly.

Thanks!

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robert_R,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is a solution that allows you to boot your computer from a bootable version of Acronis True Image that resides in the Acronis Secure Zone. Acronis Bootable Rescue Media is a solution that allows you to boot your computer from a specially created removable media even if your hard drive is completely broken. Notice that in order to restore the system you will need an image of said system as well (stored in Acronis Secure Zone or elsewhere). You can learn more how to use Acronis True Image from the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.