Acronis Parttion Expert build 277

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by marcan, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcan

marcan Registered Member

Hi there,

This is a trial version of partition expert 2003 (build 277) found on an old coverdisc. I went ahead and used the program and made about 4 partitions without a problem. I then deleted the original program from my drive and had to reinstall it.

However I cannot delete these partitions and see no way of doing it. In the help menu it says all i have to do is select the drive and select delete or use the delete icon in the toolbar. I dont see any signs of a delete button or delete as any option? Can anyone help? Thanx.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello marcan,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis Partition Expert 2003 is not supported any longer because it is very old program. The instructions on how to delete partition are described at page 51 of the User's Guide (p. 4.1.7). You may want to purchase the upgrade to our new powerfull software called Acronis Disk Director Suite. The upgrade is available at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. marcan

marcan Registered Member

Hi there Support. Thanx for a speedy reply. It still doesnt let me know how to go about and delete the partitions? If i was to get Acronis Disk Director would that be able to delete the partitions that i have created?. Thanx again.

Ps. Yes it does tell me how to delete drives in the "user guide" but what it tells me to do , i cant do. The options for delete are simply not available?

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, marcan

Try using Windows Disk Management to delete the Partition you do not need.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. marcan

marcan Registered Member

Thanx for advicee Quest. I have deleted the drives using "disk management" with success. But the drives are still actually there(can be picked up through disk restorers) and none of the free memory from the drives has went back to the (C:) Drive? :(

Why cant i use the same program Acronis PE that i used to make the partitions to delete them? According to the "Help" this option should be available?

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, marcan

They will be untill they are over written.

do not understand what you mean.

I do not know as to why you can not get your very old coverdisc of Partition Expert 2003 Build #277 to work, I did use the Paid for Version of it #2 with no problem.

The only thing I can suggest is to use The BootCD, that what I use for all my Partitioning or editing, [If you did not make one, do so]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.