Acronis OS Selector Help!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by The Burmanator, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Burmanator

The Burmanator Registered Member

Not usually one to ask for help, as I usually discover how to do this, but this one is bugging me.

I have had XP on my computer for a good while now, with a Secondary drive for Storage. I installed OS selector, and all was fine and dandy. I aquired another hard drive, disconnected the previous two, and installed Arch Linux, with the GRUB boot loader on the MBR of that hard disk.

So all worked OK, so heres where the problems started. I unplugged All of my drives, and put them in the following configuration:

PRI IDE ->Master: HDD1(XP) -Slave: HDD2(LINUX)
    SEC IDE -> Master: DVD RW -Slave: HDD3(SPARE).

Acronis will only detect Windows XP under the OS list.
    What I want to be able to do is boot both Windows XP and Linux from Acronis, but it won't find Linux! If I configure the XP partition, I can see all of the drives, and all of the partitions, and can boot into XP fine.

I heard somewhere else that I can fix this by installing GRUB on the master hdd's MBR, then activating OS selector. but I cannot do this without wiping XP from the drive. Something I dont want to do. Are there any ways around this?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Nick.

(first post! :D)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nick,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

To provide you with the solution we need to have some diagnostic information from you. Please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. The Burmanator

The Burmanator Registered Member

Cancel that! Got it working by reversing the Hard Drive setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.