Acronis OS Selector 10.0 needs up to 20 Sec to boot

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by SkaFan, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkaFan

SkaFan Registered Member

hi there,

i just updated from OSS 9.0 (german) to OSS 10.0 (english).

When I was using OSS 9 where was no problem. The bootmenu came up within 2 or 3 seconds after the booting and i could choose witch XP installtion (got 3x XP SP2 installed, primary partion each) to boot.

Now after installing OSS 10.0 it needs up to 20 seconds that I can choose witch XP to boot.
    There stands something like "processing" on the screen and after these 20 sec. i see the boot menu and and choose what to boot.

why does it take so some to choose and how can i get it faster?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SkaFan,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Most probably the problem is connected with the "Onboard IDE Operate Mode" settings in your BIOS. Could you please tell us what mode do you use (Enhaced or Compatible) and create an Acronis report as it is described below?

Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please collect the information requested above and contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ . Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along with gathered information. This would allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. SkaFan

SkaFan Registered Member

I changed the harddisc mode from lagency to native.
    Now OSS 10.0 needs "only" 8 seconds until the menu is up.
    Still tooooooooooo long.

4. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

I too have the same problem, and would be keen to know the "official" reasonwhy this is the case....

It is VERY annoying..

As with you OSS9 works fine, straight into the menu, but OSS10 indeed can take up to 20 seconds, or on accasion, will not boot the menu at all..!!#

Nothing has changed in my setup/bios/hardware since I used the previous version, so I fail to see why the new one seems to struggle...

This must be a know problem, and is there an official fix..o_O

I use only SATA drives,however I do have 2 dvd drives on either IDE channel...

thanks

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Batfink,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread.

We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.