Acronis multicasting and image create/restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MGSFT, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGSFT

MGSFT Registered Member

Hi all,

Does anybody know if Acronis supports multicasting of images?

Also, the creation of images seems to take very long. I had an image of 2G and it took 2 hours to create the image to a shared drive. It's not a network issue because I'm on an isolated local 100MB test LAN. It performs 2 stages during the process i.e. there are 2 status bars on the DOS prompt that appear after the completion of the image creation. For the 2G image at the highest compression of 9, it took 2 hours to create a disk image. What is it actually performing during the first and second stages? And is there any other way to create the image faster? The command line I used was:

TrueImageDOSCmd.exe /create /harddisk:1 /compression:9 /filename:z:\Image1.tib

Restoring (Deploy) images is faster but still slow compared to some other technologies. Image restoration seems to go through 3 stages: Restoring partition, Restoring partition, Restoring partition structure. The second stage takes about 98% of the time. Why does it say "Restoring partition" twice? Is this because I have 2 partitions on the image? What is actually happening during these 3 stages and is there anyway to restore the image faster? Does Acronis format the drive before it lays it down? The command line I used was:

TrueImageDOSCmd.exe /deploy /harddisk:1 /filename:z:\Image1.tib

I'm new to Acronis so any help on any of the above questions would be great!

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MGSFT,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The speed of image creation depends on a lot of factors including the performance of both computers (from which the image is created and to which it is stored), the real network speed, the load of the network, the size of the image, the compression level, etc. You may launch the image creation and restoration in GUI instead of command line to find out what stages are needed to perform the task. They are listed on the last screen of wizard (the one where you need to press the "Proceed" button).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.