Acronis Migrate Easy 7 + Privacy Expert Lock-up / Crash

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by josephrot, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josephrot

josephrot Registered Member

Acronis Migrate Easy 7 + Privacy Expert Protection Crashes

Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0.0.614

Some Acronis Privacy Expert Protection Application

Win XP SP1 and SP2 Acronis installs, asked me to reboot XP, then XP continually comes on, plays MS music WAV, Desktop appears, then PC reboots again.

This then becomes a constant loop.

Finally broke the loop and used Task Manager to ID what the hell was going on, and used Add/Delete to DE-install some Acronis Protection app, and used MSCONFIG to turn OFF a few Acronis additions.

Now, system REFUSES to DE-install Migrate Easy, saying that I FIRST have to re-boot the system

Needless to say, as a 35 year computer engineer / tech / product tester and trainer, I have -50% confidence in anything ever again made by Acronis.

I realize that Acronis has seen problems in some of their new apps, as the Internet and Newsgroups are describing sometime similar exploits from other users, and other problems seen.

Do I dare reset my XP computer ??

Reply here AND copy to my Email sincerely appreciated to make sure I see it:

josephrot@aol.com

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello josephrot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please let us know what happens after you reboot the computer? The thing is that after each uninstallation of Acronis software the reboot is required.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.