Acronis might get mucked by the New ZASS 7

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shieber, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Just a word of caution: If you're running ATI and Zone Alarm Security Suite (ZASS), there appears to be a problem with the virus scan module in the new ZASS 7 (vsmon.exe) that causes ZASS to crash whenever doing a scan. And when ZASS 7 crashes, especially if it does so while an automated ATI backup is running, then your backup locations might not work correctly anymore.

There seem to be a number of progs that ZASS 7 can't abide and ATI appears to me be one of them. So if you're runing ATI and ZASS you might want to wait before updating to ZASS 7.

2. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been running ZASS 7 for about a week now with no apparent ATI problems, but will continue to monitor. ZASS did pitch a fit with another anti-spyware program (Counterspy beta); everything would run but like molasses in January. Uninstalled that and everything seems to perking along OK.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I have confirmed and Zone Labs has confirmed a serious incompatibility between ATI 10 and ZASS 7 whereof the virus scan will fatally crash at as yet unpredictable moments. ONce it crashes, because it is hooked so deeply into memory, things can get pretty wonky until one reboots.

ATI doesn't have to be running but it's services merely loaded.

Because of the very same incompatibility with another program, which and then ZL also confirmed as well as a couple of cothers that others have attested to, I suspect the problem is an incompatiblity with scheduler services such the ones ATI and other programs install.

We shall see,

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.