'ACRONIS loading please wait...' stop.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poirot, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I just bought Acronis last month and proceeded to make my first Image on April,10 but unfortunately i couldnt Restore that Image when i wanted to; Acronis support already sent me a message with a suggestion but no joy.
    Waiting for their reply i think here someone might be of help.
    Facts are: HP zd8080EA notebook, 1024 RAM, 93 Gyga HD,XP Home with
    Recovery disk + Drivers disk + Programs disk.
    Acronis 800 bought April,4,upgraded to Build 826 on april ,22.
    First Image created April,10 on just one single DVD.
    Optical Drive-Sonic Records , runs DLA, UDF (stuff approved by Acronis).
    DVDs for Acronis were previously formatted by me with UDF,according to Acronis guide prescriptions. (although i read somewhere that UDF can prevent reading many times)
    No size limit was asked by Acronis while proceeding with DVD,which ended about 2.7Gyga with Normal compression.
    Image ended normally ,was declared OK by Acronis, later (when attempting Restore) Verified and found OK.
    I made an incremental backup on April,16 on this very image which ended successfully.

On April,29 i tried to Restore the April,16 image from Windows,my system is running ok,but i wanted to delete some unwanted patches from HP.
    Opened Acronis,d/c Restore,inserted the DVD disk,went all the steps till choice of formatting the existing disk was presented to which i replied yes, the screen then turned black and the sign
    ACRONIS
    Loading,please wait.......
    comes up,but NOTHING else happens..........
    I tried different methods with the same result, pressed F11 to get the Prompt ,but i didnt get it....
    Acronis suggested i try with the boot disc, which yields exactly the same result:
    ‘Acronis,loading please wait....’ and then nothing else, the machine keeps making a lot of noise,as if at full steam, but nothing doing.
    The first time,not knowing Acronis ways, i waited an hour....
    the second and third time just five minutes.
    Question is:
    Could it be because i have the Task Scheduler Service disabled?
    Could it be because HP doings in MBR collide with Acronis needs?
    Or perhaps Acronis ,upon being installed, deleted some HP writings?
    Shall i try to uninstall and reinstall another copy of Acronis?
    If anyone can,please help,as i am running out of time now to put back the april,10 image.
    thanks, poirot

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello poirot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you have Acronis Bootable CD created with the latest (826) build of Acronis True Image. After that please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround described at Acronis Help Post and if the problem still persists please create the sysinfo.txt file in the way described at the same post I mentioned and send it to support@acronis.com. If you don't get any reply from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your first letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Thanks for replying, i tried both your suggestion and the one which just arrived by mail,related and complementary to yours,which i got by mail,but unfortunately i cannot reach the point of altering in any way the prompt because when i boot from the Rescue CD,i get a blue Acronis logo,then a black screen with 'ACRONIS Loading,please wait....' and when i press F11 i get this sign:

^[[23~

but i cant use any button anymore to do anything else as it stops there.

I also submitted this to Support. I am wondering (in my total ignorance),if the reason for this malfunction has to be searched in the way HP set this particular notebook MBR, but i guess i can further mess things up if i make and run an ISO CD to fix it, given that my XP Home is an OEM with a REcovery CD.
    I'd impulsively be also tempted to uninstall and reinstall Acronis,but i wonder if a previously made Image fits in with this scheme.

4. IanC

IanC Guest

I know this may sound daft, but how long did you wait when "loading" was on screen. When first used a boot CD I was convinced everyhting had hung and tried all sorts of things. Only when I booted in verbose I realised that there was a lot of stuff going on under the hood and next time I booted and just ignored it for a couple of minutes. Hey presto - it's there.

I run it on a 1.7GHz P4 and it takes a good minute or two to come up.
    It's more believable when you think that you're booting a linux system rather than just loading and executable.

Ian

5. ianC

ianC Registered Member

Sorry - I just read your post properly and see you waited an hour!
    My two minutes seems very quick in comparison!

Ian

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello poirot,

Please press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears (and not "Acronis Loading,please wait..."). Please also tell me your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I'll be more careful and try to do what you suggest in a couple of hours time.
    The Autoreply number was :
    [Acronis #230400] Acronis TI stops at 'L

thanks, i'll let you know if i succeed.

8. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I'd like the Acronis seekers here to know i succeeded at long last: yesterday i put in practice the last suggestions received by Acronis support and successfully installed an Image!
    As directed by the Acronis tech who had seen my various reports to them, i removed ALL USB devices , including the Keyboard & Mouse one which i had left inserted previously (used TouchPad and inbuilt notebook keyboard),
    booted from CD,
    pressed F11 as soon as 'starting Acronis Loader' showed up,
    did not remove 'quiet',but added 'nousb' and pressed OK,
    Acronis loaded regularly,
    I chose to Restore Image,chose Incremental BackUp done on April,16 (my only Incremental) from the DVD Image of April,10, and after about 30'
    i was EASILY back in business without the HP update i wanted to delete and wih the amusing thing of my antivirus warning i was one month behind with updates,very amusing for me as i do it at least daily!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.