Acronis Loader: No config file present

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by restoreglenn, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. restoreglenn

restoreglenn Registered Member

Hope someone can help with this as I am stuck. I have had DD10 on my computer for over a year. Just downloaded the latest update (2,160) yesterday. When I turned on computer today it would not boot to Windows XP Home sp2. Which is the only OS on the PC. I get the following message:

Starting Acronis Loader...
    Acronis Loader: No configuration file present.
    Press <Enter> to reboot...

After pressing Enter it repeats the same message, over and over.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. mangoman

mangoman Registered Member

Did you try pressing F6 right before Acronis loader starts,
    This should bypass the loader and go on to boot XP.

Then maybe you can fix DD (good luck). I have had problems uninstalling and reinstalling DD and worse yet OSS. Note 2160 does not overwrite older versions.

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I can only suggest the obvious but if you have not tried them give it a shot.

If you installed the new build correctly then you can try to REACTIVATE OSS with the stand alone version of DD10.

If this doesn't work then try to DEACTIVATE OSS and hopefully it will work correctly by choosing Windows XP as the default OS.

If you have only one OS you could do without OSS and use XP's bootloader (it's faster anyways). The bootwiz files will still be in the OS but it worked fine in this condition in my machine.
    Another possible fix is to run a recovery console repair (fixmbr, bootcfg /add, bootcfg /rebuild, or even chkdsk /r).

Previously when I used OSS and the "configuration file not present" was listed it booted into windows when I pressed the ENTER key. May work on your set up.

If all this does not get your machine working then get an Acronis ticket to see what they recommend.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.