acronis loader fatal error boot drive (partition) not found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by St?phane P?neau, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

To SHSH - Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out what solutions you was provided with and why it was not working.

To bledd - most of the issues were already fixed. You can download the trial version available at this link, create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and check if your controller is supported. Please note that it's possible to contact Acronis Support Team and ask them for a custom ISO image if you would encounter any issues with your RAID controller.

Thank you
    --
    Michael Levchenko

2. bledd

bledd Registered Member

thanks

would they let me try a custom ISO before buying though?

i don't want to buy it if it's not compatible

downloading the demo now to see if the iso from that works.

-edit, what are the limitations in the demo for the livecd? time restriction on the backups?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  3. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

I was actually used as guinea pig for different "custom ISO"-files. None of them worked out. Hours wasted.

4. bledd

bledd Registered Member

after talking on live support today, i was given an iso link to test

i'll test it in just over 2 hours time when i get home

gigabyte ds3r raid0 user (on the ich9r controller)

5. metalmike

metalmike Registered Member

Sorry I didn't get back to the forum. For the image they gave me to burn to CD-R it worked (as far as loading into the GUI, I didn't do any backups from that level yet) so I replied to their mail stating such. I normally do the backup while up in the OS and when I am doing nothing on the system (like before I go to bed kick it off). I know it's better to do it from a clean boot into the CD. Next round I may do that. I try to do weekly/bi-weekly full image backups to a USB ext. HD. But I need a bigger disk if I want to keep 2 images (most recently and current backup).

6. chriskwarren

chriskwarren Registered Member

I am having the same problems you guys had.

Bought and tried ATI 11 last week (nforce 590sli chipset) and worked fine. Bought a new board this week (Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P, with the Intel P35 chipset, ICHR9) and reformatted and setup a new Windows install. Reinstalled ATI 11 and made a new full backup. Messed up my new install and tried to boot from the recovery disk and got the loader error with the disk I made just last week. Running Raid 0.

If support is on here my case number is #1454279.

Figured that the recovery disk would be ready for an Intel southbridge as popular as the ICHR9, especially since I downloaded and created the disk on April 20th.

Hope this can be fixed or I may need to get a refund with the 30 day guarantee.

7. Acronis Support

Hello chriskwarren,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Your request has been escalated to the responsible person. Please be sure support engineer will provide you with solution as soon as possible.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

8. chriskwarren

Thanks!
    I'll post the results of this issue in here (positive or negative) for anyone else who encounters this problem in the future.

9. chriskwarren

The emailed link to the ISO for a modified recovery disk worked perfectly. I was able to recover my Raid array (ICHR9) attached to my usb hard drive without difficulty.

Thanks for the speedy help!:)

10. Acronis Support

Hello chriskwarren,

We are sorry for delayed response.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. Kad Mann

Kad Mann Registered Member

Workaround - acronis loader fatal error boot drive (partition) not found

I too had this problem today on a brand new Intel DX38BT motherboard. I am amazed that it has been a problem for more than six months and still isn't fixed in the latest version (8053).

I read that the problem is caused by having an optical boot device running off ICH9 and was fortunate enough to have an old ATA DVD lying around so I plugged it in alongside the SATA DVD. Problem solved.

The rescue disc boots and a full 60GB boot image was successfully restored on Vista x64 to a RAID0 array; (the image itself is 60GB, not the partion being restored).

Unfortunately my RAID10 backup array is shown as 4 separate drives, which means I won't be able to restore images to or from those, so now I have to store my images on a hot-swap ATA drive.

All of this isn't a satisfactory solution in the long-term but at least now I am confident I can restore if disaster strikes. In the meantime I can only use my RAID10 backup set for file backups :mad:

12. Acronis Support

Hello Kad Mann,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you faced with.
    In order to make it possible to boot from SATA DVD drive into Acronis Bootable Rescue CD please submit a request for technical support with the issue description. Support engineer will provide you with the link for downloading ISO fie. All you need to do is to burn ISO image to create Acronis Bootable Rescue CD which will wok.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

13. paperwell

paperwell Registered Member

Hello,

I am also having the TrueImage 11 Home(build 8053) boot cd problem:

"Boot drive(partition) not found
    Press<Enter> to try to boot your OS"

I've upgraded my VISTA64 pc to all SATA cd/dvd drives/hard drives

I'm using a Gigabyte P35 ds3r mothergboard

my CASE# 1504386

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  14. paperwell

paperwell Registered Member

Nikita,

Although you may not have had a hand in it(maybe you did), Acronis Cust. Serv. Support responded within a day or two which resolved my problem as to True Image's Bootable Rescue Media on my system(SATA cd/dvd drives/ICHr9 raid controller).

Thank you,
    Paul

15. Acronis Support

Hello paperwell,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

16. evergreen97

evergreen97 Registered Member

Hello,

I have this same issue on 1 PC in my home. I have tried to backup the sytem when it is configured in either of two configurations. One configuration is running Intel Matrix RAID on two 3.5" 160GB SATA drives on ICH8R in Windows XP MCE 2005 RU2 (OS install is about 1.5 years old), SATA DVD drive, the other configuration is identical except running Intel RAID 1 on two 2.5" 160GB SATA drives plugged into two different SATA ports (with the 3.5" drives disconnected) with a brand new install of the OS. Board is DG965OT - BIOS is up to date and Intel Matrix Storage Manager is v7.8.0.1013.

I tried dowloading the 8053 build and created a new rescue media bootable CD. I have not "installed" Acronis on this system I am trying to backup as I wanted a "clean" image of the OS before loading drivers and patches and such, Acronis is installed on another machine in my home - not sure if that makes any difference.

I have not tried fixing the master boot record as specified above because it doesn't make sense to me that there would be anything wrong with my master boot record, especially for the brand new OS install on brand new drives running RAID 1.

I submitted a technical support ticket at Acronis last Thursday and have heard nothing back as of today (Tuesday evening). Please advise next steps.

Thanks, Joe

17. hendrikxix

hendrikxix Registered Member

I am also experiencing the same problem as everyone else. I am also using the Intel DP35DP. I have a complete disk failure of the system disk and so I tried the recovery disk that I made with TrueImage and it bombed out with the same Acronic Loader failure message.

I have just switched from AHCI to IDE in the BIOS and I was able to use the disc, now I am trying to restore the backup hopefully this will work...

18. hendrikxix

Well. I was able recover the partition with the recovery disk to the new system disk but I still can't boot to the new system disk.

I am working now to setup ntldr and boot.ini.

Fingers crossed...

19. hendrikxix

Well that failed miserably. Basically it would seem that Acronis' True Image V11pretty much sucks if you have an Intel DP35DP or other modern Mobo's.

Instead of wasting the past 16 hours trying to get a $50 piece of software to work like it should, I should have been reinstalling Windows by hand and then all the services packs and then all the applications and then all my configurations because that would have been faster.

Hopefully I can get my money back.

20. Acronis Support

Hello all,

hendrikxix, please note that if you switched from AHCI to IDE compatibility mode and could successfully restore the image, you should also switch it back from IDE compatibility to AHCI mode (Windows had SATA drivers when you backed it up) in order to make the system bootable.

evergreen97, I'm really sorry for the late response. Could you please tell me the number of your case to let me find out how the issue is investigated?

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

21. ktmike

ktmike Registered Member

MY SOLUTION:

Ok, i thinkk sby wrote it before, but i write again:

I solved this Problem with a normal IDE CD-Rom, with this i could start the Acronis Bootable Disk. I disconnected my SATA-DVD-Rom before.

Perhaps it helps you.

I Have newest Version of ATI (built 8105) and an GA-X48-DS5 Mainboard with an Intel ICH8R/ICH9R Chipset.

22. jefftull

jefftull Registered Member

Same problem..

I fixed it by manually setting my SATA settings in the BIOS..

Turned "SATA Mode" native/automatic/Serial changed it to "Serial" not "Automatic"

That fixed it

23. krombit

krombit Registered Member

I also have just come across this problem of not being able to boot from an optical drive attached to the IHC9R SATA/RAID controller!

I have been a long time user of Acronis TI (since Version 6). My current version is Version 9 and it has been serving me well for a couple of years. Even tho I've got a couple of Gigabyte mobos [noparse](P965 and X3:cool: [/noparse]I've been using IDE HDD drives and DVD drives. It is only very recent that I've upgraded my spindles to now use SATA drives and now discover a problem with TI. I want something that works. I don't want to be swapping out hardware and jagging the BIOS just to do backups and restores.

I was thinking of upgrading to TI11 - NOT ANYMORE! This thread is nearly 12 months old and Acronis have not yet delivered an 'out-of-the-box' solution for IHC9R! Instead they keep playing the 'submit a support ticket...' card - sounding very much like a broken record.

Come on Acronis - its time to step up to the plate.

24. Acronis Support

Hello krombit,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that IHC9R controllers were released later than the last build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, so they aren't supported in that version. The support for those controllers was implemented since Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

I would recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image Home 2009 in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that since you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade license at reduced price (as compared to independent license).

The "Acronis Loader fatal error" message indicates that the default Acronis Loader has problems starting on that particular hardware configuration. Should you ever encounter this problem, please use our Live Chat service, or send us a Private Message with your serial number (or if you are using a trial version). We will provide you with an .iso image to create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media with an alternate bootloader that will work on your system.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

25. RFSTech

RFSTech Registered Member

I just purchased Acronis True Image Home 2009 build 9709 and it works very well with my HP EliteBook 8530w laptop with the Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA Controller in AHCI mode. I installed TI 2009 on a spare computer to create a Recovery Disk. I then booted the HP 8530w on the TI 2009 Recovery Disk and it properly recognized the Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA controller. I was able to create a backup of the Windows XP Pro SP3 installed in the 250GB internal hard disk to an external 500GB USB hard disk.

To insure the recovery disk would work before purchasing TI 2009, I downloaded and installed the trial version, created a recovery disk, boot the HP 8530w from the recovery disk, and verified it recognized the drive controller and attached disk. I then went through the process as if I was going to create a backup and all went well. Of course, the trial version will not actually let you create the backup but it goes far enough to verify hardware compatibility.

Great job Acronis! My only suggestion would be for Acronis Support to create a sticky post in this forum listing known working SATA controllers (and such) and which versions of True Image are needed for that support. That would have saved me a few hours of research. Again, thanks for a great product!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.