acronis loader fatal error boot drive (partition) not found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by St?phane P?neau, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adw888

adw888 Registered Member

I finally managed to create an image of my system partition. :)
    In the end I used UBCD4Win which has DriveImage XML included.
    For freeware it's pretty good but I don't like how the partition you restore to has to be the same size or bigger than the partition you created the image from (even if the data is small enough to fit). So I resized the partition before and after creating the image.
    Just posting this for others who might have the same problem with True Image v11 and the ICH9 controller in AHCI mode.

2. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

still waiting for the v8 Installation-exe...

3. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

hey Acronis, after fixes over fixes, v11 is still not working with ICH9 and isnt recognizing RAID sets correctly during recovery. Will this ever be fixed? What do you think, eh? What about a refund?

4. acajoe

acajoe Registered Member

Same issue with ATI 11 and ICH9

Reporting exactly the same issue as described on other posts but with Asus mobo.
    No HDD detected by ATI 11 1053 using boot CD.
    Mobo is a P5E3 (ICH9R) with 2 sata raid 0 hdd + 1 sata non raid.
    Even my old Drive Image 5 on boot diskettes works properly and recognizes all drives and raid volumes.

Happy new year to all

5. adw888

adw888 Registered Member

That's why I tried it out before buying it.

6. pieronip

pieronip Registered Member

Hi all

I just wanted to let you know that Acronis Technical Support, who have been very helpful, have resolved this issue for me by providing a copy of the 8052 ISO which works correctly.

I don't know what the root cause was/is but I am now happy.

Thanks.

7. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

lucky you. But I've changed my motherboard meanwhile and now I'm pissed.

8. Ucumist

Ucumist Registered Member

Raid support not included

hi
    just found this Thread
    was posting in Raid 1, eSATA, BIOS Virus, MS Reg, usb mouse Queries
    @ www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1153779#post1153779

Seems to be the same problem as mine except I have a USB Ext HDD attached so I do not get a warning that the drive was not found TI just calls the USB HD C; and wants to write to it.
    Will post here from now on.

I have a MSI P6N Diamond MS-7320 mobo, (NVidia Raid) with 2 x Seagate Barracuda series 10 SATA hard Drives in Raid 1 config.

I agree with mrwul that we have to go thru a maze to find basic answers.

So are my options
    Download freeware from Bart's site & build my own recovery disc
    or
    Pay a Mustang mechanic in Massachusetts $4 for a possibly TI assembled BartPE with instructions.
    or
    Submit info to Acronis Support who will create a recovery disc to suit my PC & send me the ISO to burn it.
    Is this correct?

Iwill try the Acronis option 1st.
    But WHY when Raid is now a common PC build,
    - is this issue not clearly an option on Acronis Support pages.
    - doesn't the software include the ability to build a suitable recovery disc.
    - don't the instructions advise on the best solution for Raid set-ups.
    - have 100's of users spent countless hours looking for these answers.
    - do Acronis Support have to deal individually with each Raid problem.

None of this makes any sense to me. If Bart & a car mechanic can do it then Acronis can and include it with the software even if it means on-line recovery disc creation. Unless of course the TI software can't do what it says on the tin and Acronis can't improve it with an Up-date.

Be like me building a block of apartments without stairs, selling you a 3rd floor unit & telling you to go to BartStairs-Plug-ins to solve your (not mine) problem or live on the ground floor.

I would go to Norton Ghost but I swore never to pay them again after years of wasted hours trying to un-install their limpet like AV software.
    I hope Acronis & TI don't turn out to be another amateur bunch of idle lay-abouts who put massive profits before their customers satisfaction.

9. hakkafusion

hakkafusion Registered Member

10. hakkafusion

hakkafusion Registered Member

btw, TI 8.0 didn'twork for my ich9 raid0 on asus p5e-vm hdmi either.

thanks 4 the info though =)

11. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

none of them does

12. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

bottom line: Acronis True Image v11 is still not working correctly with current ICH9-motherboards, like those from Gigabyte, Asus and so on. What a shame.

13. fullcooler

fullcooler Registered Member

Yep, I downloaded the trial and made a boot disk, which fails.
    New system w/ gigabyte p35-DS4, ICH9R, Jmicron, AHCI drivers installed and enabled, single sata drive and one esata external (wd mybook).
    Acronis tech monitors this forum, and has suggested a complex method to make a working custom boot disk, but this doesnt sound good to me.
    After checking reviews of best cloning s/w, acronis sure looks good, but they are loosing this potential customer until this is clearly resolved on this forum.
    Please dont make us go back to ghost.

14. segolden

segolden Registered Member

I have a Giga-byte GA-P35C-DS3R board (ICH9R chip) running Vista home premium and using TI to backup to a USB HDD. I have been unable to create a working boot disk in version 9, 10, and 11 and using the TI 10 install disk. I always get the Boot loader fatal error (boot partition not found) error. I have been using TI since version 7 or 8 and am really pissed off. I am running a single disk in AHCI which has been out for several years and should not be an issue. Even Vista installs natively under AHCI without neediing an F6 disk. Plus, I'm using the latest Intel AHCI driver. The thing that really gets me is the secrecy on the part of Acronis on these issues--if you search google under boot loader failure and AHCI you get nothing! I'm truly disappointed.>::mad:

15. Fakum

Fakum Registered Member

Oh boy,,, I am puzzled myself as I have just built a new machine and I could not get my Iomega boot disk to boot up, so I am looking for new backup software and came accross Acronics trial version 11. Gave it a whirl and couldt boot up with a CD either. Now I read this and I have no idea if I can use this or not? I have a single SATA 2 drive, with a SATA DVD/CD burner with an eSATA external drive. I am using the Intel ICH9R also on a Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6. Reading this thread, I am very confused as to the approach to take with this software if any? What do I do?

Tower = LIAN LI PC-61
    Mobo = GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Ultra Durable 2(BIOS F7)
    Power Supply = Thermaltake Purepower TWV 500W
    CPU = Intel Core 2 Q6600 GO Stepping (9 x 266)
    CPU Heat Sync = Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler Model U-120E
    CPU Heat Sync Fan = Scythe S-FLEX 120mm Case Fan, 1600 RPM Model SFF21F
    CPU Heat Sync Thermal Paste = Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
    Memory = Crucial Ballistix 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM 800 (PC2 6400) (4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v)
    Hard Drive = Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB WD5000AAKS SATA 2
    GPU = EVGA GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
    DVD/CD Burner = Asus DVD Burner DRW-2014L1T SATA 2
    Sound Card = Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card
    Monitor = Gateway XHD3000 30" Widescreen
    OS = Win XP Pro 32 Bit SP2 w/ current updates

Fantom G-Force GF500EU 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache USB 2.0 / eSATA External Hard Drive

16. Fakum

Fakum Registered Member

update, I switched my Hard drive and DVD/CD sata from the intel ICH9R interface to the onboard Gigabyte SATA interface and all is well ,,,,go figure

17. matrix888

matrix888 Registered Member

i've a GIGABYTE EP35-DS3 mobo (ICH9 chipset). Unfortunately, switching to Gigabyte SATA ports didn't help much either.

I am using Acronis 10 and can't get idetected by the Gigabyte SATA.

If i set to Intel's port 0 with Native IDE disabled, it can detect but is so ridiculously slow in detecting and reading from the hard disk to the point of unusable anyway.

Are you using Acronis 11 to get the GIGABYTE detection?

18. matrix888

matrix888 Registered Member

Looks like my problem finally solved!

I've tried downloading the trial image of TI v11 yesterday. It installed ok and I made a boot disk using TI v11.

This boot disk immediately regconized my 2 drives connected to the Intel ICH9 sata controllers and restored just like TI v10. The images restored was previously backup using TI v10.

So in conclusion, i can still use TI v10 to backup, but restoration will have to be done by a TI v11 boot disk.

My Specs:
    Gigabyte EP35-DS3 rev 2.1 (Intel ICH9)
    Intel E4500
    2 x 1GB RAM
    2 x Seagate HDD 250GB (connected to Intel's SATA Port 0 and Port 2).
    Set to 'Native IDE' enabled in the BIOS for Intel SATA.

Good luck to all other ICH9 mobo users!

btw, does this means i can save my money as there's no reason to upgrade to TI v11....i just restore using the TI v11 boot disk...:D

19. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

I thought you guys are working on an Acronis update? Still no working solution for ICH9 mobos...

20. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

still no progress at all

21. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

SHSH, could you please clarify if you've contacted our Support Team? If so then could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter?

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

22. metalmike

metalmike Registered Member

I have the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R mobo using ICHR9 Intel RAID 0 striped and wanted to see if I could boot the CD to see if I could image the whole disk vs doing my C: drive. I have a dual boot install, XP Pro SP2 on first install, Vista 64 Ultimate on partition of RAID 0 set (2x500Gb SATA II). I have a Samsung SH-203B Optical SATA DVD-R DL Burner. I am running into the same problem. I am running Acronis TrueImage Workstation 9.1. Why is this not fixed in an update or something that we can get?

23. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

24. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

metalmike,

dont listen to these support guys. sending a request is wasted time - they are using you as a guinea pig, sending different "solutions". None of them works.

25. bledd

bledd Registered Member

has this issue been resolved?

i want to buy ati11, but if it's not going to work with my gigabyte ds3r (raid 0, on intel ichr9 controller-or whatever it's called)

i just want to be able to boot from the acronis true image cd and use that to create and restore images.

don't tell me to raise a ticket, just say if it's being worked on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.