Acronis Live Chat & Silverline site ID'd Unsafe "Red" by McAfee Site Advisor!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LaFemmeMichele, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

I need customer support for Acronis True Image 9 Home & have found Acronis Live Chat & Silverlinesoftware.com ranked as "red" (unsafe) by my McAfee Site Advisor! Why is this? What avenue do I take for safe customer support?
    ---
    Next day... I wanted to follow through & let you know what McAfee had to say re: Silverlinesoftware's site:

"When we tested this site we found links to cnet.com.au, which we found to be a distributor of downloads some people consider adware, spyware or other unwanted programs." -McAfee

Also my PC Tools Spyware Doctor blocks access to Silverlinesoftware.com.

I am becoming very grateful for this forum.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  2. Britnash

Britnash Registered Member

You use your common sense and not let some piece of **** software make decisions for you for ****s sake, for a start.

3. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Well, support is available here to some degree, BUT if you really want your first question answered, I think you should take the root problem up with the folks at McAfee; I reckon they're the ones that painted Acronis Live Chat red.

4. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

IF "Live" Chat uses JAVA,... then that could play a role in McAfee showing it as red.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LaFemmeMichele,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that using our Live Chat Service is absolutely safe. If some third-party software consider it unsafe, we recommend that you contact it's respective vendor regarding this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

I have contacted McAfee re: Acronis Live Chat & Silverlinesoftware.com.
    Their response: Acronis Live Chat=liveperson.net which links to liveperson.com which is a distributor of downloads considered adware, spyware, & other unsafe programs. Silverlinesoftware.com links to cnet.com.au which also is considered a distributor...
    I haven't asked PC Tools Spyware Doctor why they block me from Silverlinesoftware.
    Live Chat is PREsales support/sales not technical support, so your reassurance on its safety is a moot point.
    And most importantly, I have found good safe technical support here, on this forum.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.