Acronis is causing errors in my event log

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jaedjohnson, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaedjohnson

jaedjohnson Registered Member

Looking for some help. We seem to be getting two constant errors in our event log every night at the same time that we are running Acronis.

At 8:30 PM we run Acronis on the C:\ only. Halfway through the process, it performs the normal "Locking partition C:..."

It later finishes the task normally it seems.

However about 30 seconds after the Locking of C... We receive these two Event IDs:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: The I/O writes cannot be held during the shadow copy creation period on volume %1. The volume index in the shadow copy set is %2. Error details: Open[%3], Flush[%4], Release[%5], OnRun[%6].

The flush and hold writes operation on volume C: timed out while waiting for a release writes command.

Can anyone explain these two events?

How do I get them to stop.

I would also like to add that the regular shadow copying of the C:\ is disabled.

2. jaedjohnson

Are these errors something that I can just ignore. I would like to have the problem solved. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

4. jaedjohnson

Interesting. So presently, there is no fix for our current problems? Thank you for letting me know that I was not alone with this similar error. Does anyone have any advice to solving our problem?

5. jaedjohnson

Any new news on this subject?

6. jaedjohnson

I still get volsnaps in my event log. event id 8. o_O

7. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

8. jaedjohnson

Awesome, I need these files. How can I get them?

9. jaedjohnson

Thans for the help and constant support jeremy. i owe you one. my boss was on me about solving these event log ever messages....

if anyone else needs the quick snapapi 359 DLLs update for acronis true image that can solve VSS and volsnap (C partition locking related) read below...

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Here you can download the MSI package for snapapi 359 which will automatically install all the needed dlls:

http://download.acronis.com/sl/qeeskkpznakvqqbaalob/support/ticket/444/SnapAPISetup359.msi

Please reboot the machine after snapapi installation and tell if that helps.

We are always at your service.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Alexey Ruslyakov
    Lead Support Engineer

Acronis, Inc.
    23 3rd Avenue
    Burlington, MA 01803 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

Acronis Customer Service Department
    http://www.acronis.com/my/support/

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jaedjohnson and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that the links provided by Acronis Support engineers are usually temporarily, created for a specific case. Moreover, the utilites/drivers provided are more often than not particular to the problem being worked with (and the target system), so they aren't guaranteed to help when used in a different manner.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

Should you encounter any problems with using Acronis software that would require some utility/drivers to investigate/resolve, it's recommended to submit a request for technical support to receive the proper ones for your case.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.