Acronis image will not install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by roman05, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roman05

roman05 Registered Member

I tried to install Acronis image in my win98SE machine but it get hang up at the end. The installation start out fine but when it get to the part that said installing drivers the program just sat there and do nothing. The mouse pointer just show the hour glass thing but it does not seem to do anything.I had to reboot the pc just to get out of that. Could anyone help me out?? thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello roman05,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you are trying to install the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

Please note that you can find out what is the build number by rightclicking on the installation file and going to the file properties, version section.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please do the following:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Run Acronis True Image 8.0 installation package with /log key, reproduce the problem and collect the install.log file from the folder you install Acronis True Image 8.0 to.

To run the installation package with /log key please do the following:

- Go to Start -> Run;

- Browse the installation file;

- Add "/log" (without quotes) to the string.

Please also do the following:

- Download the SetupApiLog.zip file, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;

- Delete the \Windows\setupapi.log file and reboot the computer;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the setupapi.log file.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot.

Please note that the application may crash the system when you exit, so we recommend you to save all your work and close other programs prior to running it.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.