Acronis image usb boot issue?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DNA_Uncut, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut Registered Member

Hi friends,

I'm a new member to this forum. Glad to meet you all.

I have Acronis enterprise server v9.7.8398 & acronis universal restore. I'm just the beginner in using acronis. I have a home server acronis image with an erp software installed in it. The image size is 35 GB. I have successfully restored that image to different pcs n lappies using Acronis UR option.

But i couldn't make the image work on my usb hard disk. I have restored the image on my 1 TB segate portable hdd with the correct mass storage driver. It restored fine. But when i try to boot from usb hdd. I'm getting bsod screen x7B ie. The usb hdd's not getting detected.

Am i missing anything or doing anything wrong here? I want to make that image bootable from external hdd.

Experts here please help me to solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

does the mb support boot from usb devices? is the usb drive working fine otherwise (can be accessed from within windows)? also check Acronis forums for more assistance

3. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut Registered Member

thanks for the reply. Yes the mobo has usb boot option. It's a brand new i5 dell
    laptop. Also the usb hdd's is also new & getting detected without any problem from windows. I can see & access the system partition n other partition that i restored from the image. Will check the Acronis forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.