Acronis Image + ShadowUser = BSOD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mu30286, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mu30286

mu30286 Registered Member

hxxp://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9792/dscf03710gx.jpg

Acronis Image, from Version 6 to Version 9, with Shadowuser or Shadowsurfer from http://www.storagecraft.com/ will cause BSOD above.

i love Shadowsurfer, a reboot will clear everything, it is much faster and more convenient than creating/restoring images, please look into this problem.

thank you.

edit: shadowuser/surfer dont need to be running, i just installed it and terminated all its' processes and BSOD still happened, should be the driver conflict.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2006
  2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off-topic post removed.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mu30286,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I've forwarded your request to the appropriate person and he will take care of it as soon as possible.

However, if you have figured out that the problem relates to the driver conflict between these products, we recommend you to create the bootable rescue media and use Acronis True Image in rescue mode without installation on your computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mu30286,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have consulted with our Development Team and some additional information is required.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps:

- Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties";
    - Go to "Advanced" tab;
    - Go to "Startup" and "Recover Settings";
    - Choose "Small memory dump" in "Write debugging information" box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Now, please reproduce the system crash and send us the mini-dumps created. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Please indicate that you want to contact Tatyana Tsyngaeva in the heading of the request. Attach the collected file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.