acronis image corrupt, hdd damaged

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmcpaul, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmcpaul

gmcpaul Registered Member

Hi!

Got a searios problem =>
    i made an image of an "dying" hdd.
    during the imaging progress, the harddisk had an headcrash, so i got an corrupted .tib file.

i cant mount/explore the image, and verify doesnt work at all... :(
    is there a way to help me out and repair this image
    help...:oops:

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Have you sucessfully validated and mounted/explored images on that PC before? If not, try the tib files on another PC.

AFAIK, there is no way to fix up a bad tib file. You would might have better luck trying to run data recovery tools on the HD if it runs at all.

3. gmcpaul

gmcpaul Registered Member

nope file didnt verify. => drive died during the backup progress => and the whole system where the backup was made freezed and crashed.
    => so the .tib file was written but not finished...

i guess there is no way to recover the data but to send the drive to an recovery lab...

4. Mark_Phelps

Mark_Phelps Registered Member

If the drive does spin up, you can try using GetDataBack to recover some files. I've used that repeatedly on corrupted volumes.

But if it doesn't spin up, you're right -- sending it off to a recovery service is the only solution. Be prepared to spend MAJOR bucks, though!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.