Acronis Home 10.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by doulton, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doulton

doulton Registered Member

Hello,
    I am a brand new Reader and an idiot.Does anyone have or know of an much simpler guide to the above ,in order to create a full image ,and start up disc for my total hard disc.
    Diving back and fore to the USERS GUIDE makes me feel quite giddy.
    Thanks.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Open the TI program. On the left of the screen under tools select Create bootable Rescue media. Open the wizard and open the CD drawer. Put a writable CD in the drawer and leave it open.
    Now just follow the wizard to ceate a full and safe CD. the CD drawer will close itself and the rescue CD will be produced.

Test that this CD will actually boot your computer.

To create your first backup image select Backup under pick a task on the TI main page and follow the Wizard. Just work your way through it and make your choices.

Put the Users Guide to one side you may not need to refer to it again !!

Xpilot.

3. doulton

Hi Xpilot
    Thank you for your prompt reply.I assume a dvd will perform just as well. Will try your suggestion ASAP.
    Thanks

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

No need to use a dvd to make the bootable Rescue CD. The space required is about 30 mb. If you meant for backing up directly to DVD media, that is the painful way to do it. Much faster and less problematic to use another hard drive - internal or external.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

No idea I am afraid. I keep my DVD RAMs next to my DVD recorder under my TV where they belong [​IMG].

I hope that you will be making backups to another hard drive, internal for preference. Although one can use DVDs for backups I prefer to use them for video use where they perform impecccably.

Xpilot

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

doulton,
    If you have a little extra time, perhaps my guides (link below) can illustrate how to perform some of the chores you will need to do using True Image Home.

7. doulton

Hello Again,
    Many thanks to all members who replied with their fast responses.
    Thank You.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.