Acronis Home 10 : Module 7 Error 4 (0x70004)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BritTim, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BritTim

BritTim Registered Member

I am experiencing various errors (some I partially understand, others not) during Backup. I have tested on two computers and have similar problems on both. The backup device is the same in both cases.

Host computer: 1. Dell Notebook D420, SATA HDD, Windows/XP SP 2
    2. Dell Desktop GX520 SATA HDD, Windows/XP SP 2

Backup device: "LAN Server", an SMB based backup device, probably running some version of BSD (hard to tell though). This device has shown no evidence of problems except when using Acronis under Windows. I have done intensive file copying to and from the device with nary an issue.

Objective: Full and incremental images of the two partitions on the HDD

When booting from the Acronis boot media, I can backup without difficulty. However, backups using Acronis under Windows have mostly failed.

The failing error messages have been variously, at different times:

Error: Module 7, Error 4(0x7004) Network disconnected: None
    Error: Module 7, Error 4(0x7004) Failed to write data to the archive file.
    A possible reason might be poor media quality. : None
    Error: Module 1, Error 502(0x101F6) Operation with partition "D:" was terminated.
    Details:
    Write error (0x70004)
    Tag = 0x82DB9339B70C3AFE
    Error renaming the file. (0x40009)
    function = "MoveFileW",
    filename = "\\?\UNC\Waltonbackup\aeh\D-Drive1.tib"
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21F927
    Network access is denied. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070041
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB821

This last error always occurs on a small backup near to backup completion. In fact, on small backups under Windows, it is occurring consistently.

Mostly I am unclear as to what is happening. This is frustrating as I am by no means a technical newbie and would really like to be able to see the source code and what it is complaing about. When the "network disconnected" message appears, I do not notice any notification from Windows that there is a problem.

One clue that may be useful. It seems the "network disconnected" message usually appears close to the file size limit for a chunk on the backup device (seeminly 4GB). When I manually specified breaking the backup into 4000MB chunks, the error seemed mostly to be eliminated and I sometimes even achieve a successful backup.

To stress, when using the boot media, I have experienced no problems to date. However, that is no real use to me as I need to setup reliable scheduled backups for a company's computers onto the backup device. I need a robust solution under Windows.

I intend to file a support request, but would appreciate any suggestions anyone on this forum might have.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Others with problems backing up over a network have found that they need to have the NIC and software comm set at full duplex .

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.