Acronis has hijacked my pc!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cait, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cait

cait Registered Member

I'm running XP Home. I downloaded the trial software yesterday and installed it. This morning when I booted up, the system goes to the black screen (showing energysaver and that information) but instead of booting up Windows, it goes straight to Acronis TrueImage. I cannot get out of this loop.

My options within Acronis are -1)create a new image of partition/drive or 2) restore a partition or drive. When I hit next, I get an error message saying that "Acronis TrueImage has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis TrueImage does not support Windows Dynamic Drives, EZ-Drives, etc."

I cant access windows at all to delete this horror. And I dont know what else to do short of a full reformat (oh god please no!!) Anyone have suggestions on what I might try?

Thanks o_O

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, cait

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis TrueIamge Forum.

This is a new One.

Could you give us a bit more Information of your system.

PC or Laptop, how many HDD's you have. [PATA or SATA]

Have you made any Images.

This I do not understand. (showing energysaver and that information)

Can you go to [get] Safe Mode.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis User

Acronis User Guest

Hey smartie... try taking the cd out of the drive. Sure sounds like you are booting from the cd to me!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cait,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Do you have any boot managers installed? Do you have any other Acronis products installed?

Please note that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support Windows dynamic disks. The support for dynamic disks is available only in Acronis True Image Server.

Please contact support@acronis.com or send me a private message with your email address and I will contact you soon with diagnostic instructions.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.