Acronis Full version rescue cd doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by indianboy, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indianboy

indianboy Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 796) on my P3 Computer 667 MHz with 256 MB RAM.

When I create an Acronis True Image Rescue Media (Full Version) & try to boot my computer through it, it does not work correctly.

01.) As I boot though it, First I see an Acronis True Image screen.

02.) Then next a message appears : - Loading Please Wait...

03.) Then after some time when I press Enter, a message comes on the screen. sometimes it automatically comes after some

time : -

Waiting for enter to start 'bin/sh' (pid53,terminal/dev/tty1)
    Please press Enter to activate this console.

When I press Enter, I see this message : -

BusyBox v 0.60.5(2005.02.0217:59+0000) Built-in shell (lash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of build-in commands

/#

04.) I get this prompt /# and then nothing happens.

What's this problem & how should I deal with this. If I create a Safe Version CD, then it is working fine but I want to know why isn't the full version working.

I have tried making the CD in both Windows 98 & XP a couple of times but I always get the same result.

I even tried re-installing Acronis, but the result is same.

I also tried one thing, I booted from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and I pressed F11 key when the "Starting Acronis

Loader..." message appeared. Then I got the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, I removed the "quiet" word & clicked on the

"OK" button. After a few messages showed on the screen I got this error : -

Checking for graphical mode
    Frame Buffer mode initialization failed.

Then the same message appeared : -

Waiting for enter to start 'bin/sh' (pid53,terminal/dev/tty1)
    Please press Enter to activate this console.

2. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Have you tried using the 'safe' version of the boot CD? This works for me, whilst the full version hangs, though with different errors to those you are getting.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello indianboy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please download the latest (800) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

After you install the latest build please create new Acronis Bootable CD and try using it. If the problem remains please remove the "quiet" word in the "Linux Kernel Settings" as you did previously and take a digital photo of the output (if it is possible) or just write down the last strings of the output and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn to scroll the output after you get to the # prompt.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

Should that not be Shift+PgUP and Shift+PgDn or doesn't it matter?

Kind Regards
    Tom

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Menorcaman,

Oooopss... My mistake. Certainly, please use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn to scroll the text.

I have corrected my post.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.