Acronis Freezes desktop

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jsofsky, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsofsky

jsofsky Registered Member

I have a copy of Acronis Disk Director I purchased to re-partition my drives. I also have a copy of Acronis True Image I'm evaluating. I've managed to lock my desktop with both programs.

I did experience the 37 minute load for Disk Director and, but after searching here I disabled The Distributed Link Tracking Service and that has resolved the problem with both programs.

Unfortunately I have been unable to back up my hard drive. When I attempt to it starts and then locks the desktop. I have a cursor and sometimes I can CTRL-ALT-DEL to a BSOD, but I always have to reset. I wondered if there was something wrong with my partitions, so I pulled up the Disk Director, checked properties on one of my partitions and saw the red error. I clicked on that and it processed for a while and then my desktop froze again.

Are there any suggestions?

Jack

Windows XP, ASUS A8N-SLI, Opteron 185 (NOT OC'd), 2 GB RAM, 1 70 GIG Raptor and 2 250 GB Barracudas.

2. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Try chkdsk first, if you have not already.

If ok, I sugesst trying from the "rescue disk" as it often is much faster and less prone to malfunctions and corruptions.

3. jsofsky

jsofsky Registered Member

CHKDSK is now also hanging my machine. I'm going to remove both True Image and Disk Director and see what happens.

Jack

4. cortez

cortez Registered Member

If the removal of Acronis' products does not help then it might be worthwile to do:

1. another chkdsk (this may repair the problem with files ect.)

2. use you hard disk drive manufactuers' utilities to check out the in detail what chkdsk cannot do. They are usually dwnloadable (with upgrades) on their site.

Either way let us know what you decided to do and if it worked.

If not there are many knowledgeable forum members that may be able to help .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.