Acronis for linux 8 -989

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kane, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane

Kane Guest

Have anyone problem with a red hat AS 4 Up. 2?

When i tryng to create image aconis, create an image of entire HD, for example, i have 1 HD 160Gb with 3 gb of data.

Acronis cannot create a backup of 3GB, but create a backup of 160GB.

Any solution?

thanks

kane

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kane,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

The most probable reason for the problem you have encountered is that the file system on your hard drive is either unsupported or corrupted. Please take a look at this previous post of mine describing the issue in more detail.

The list of the file systems supported by Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Linux is as follows: FAT16/32, NTFS, Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, XFS, JFS and Linux SWAP.

If the file system is not the case then please check each partition of your hard drive using "fsck" command with respective parameters.

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report Utility and run it any Windows-based machine;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer having the issue from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.