Acronis ES - Workstation Boot CD's creator over write each other?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jumping, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

Hello

I noticed that when you install the boot cd create option for Acronis Enterprise server v9 and Workstation that it over write each others boot cd creator program.

So my question is; Does this mean that now you only need to create one boot cd? Like the Enterprise server as its the more expensive product that it now will allow to restore images made from Workstation.

I created both boot cd's by renaming the directory under common files so I know have both but it's a bit of a hassle. The old version you could install both on the local pc.

The reason I need both on one pc is that most servers doesn't have a burner installed.

Hopefully you can answer my question and maybe for future releases if you need a different cd for each product make it install in different folders automatically.

Regards
    Kim

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kim,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Yes, you are right. Please note that Acronis Bootable Media Builder tool included into Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server is the same thing. So if you install one of the above mentioned versions then it will be no difference between bootable CDs created with this tool.

Please be aware that Acronis Bootable Rescue CD does not depend on the machine it was created from. That is why you may use the CD created with Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server on the machine where you have Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation installed and vise versa without any difficulties.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Jumping

Hello Kirill

Ahh thats good information to know as with version 8 I had to use different CD's. I have only had a brief look at the manual but didn't notice anything about this feature.

I do seem to have another problem with the new Acronis 9 and that is that when I use the management console and log on and configure one pc if I then log of and onto another it displays the task from the previous computer.

Which means I have to shutdown the management console if I want to configure another PC.

Regards
    Kim

4. Acronis Support

Hello Jumping,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Please create a screen shot of this window (when you connected to second computer). After that submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Jumping

Hello

It seems after installing the new build 3567 that the management console problem has gone away.

Thanks
    Kim

6. Acronis Support

Hello Jumping,

We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the new build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. Our team worked hard to create a good and reliable software that works fine on many computers in the world.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.