Acronis errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vwgtiturbo, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Registered Member

I recently downloaded and used the trial version of TI9 (build 2302) to do backups on about 320Gb of data. No problems with the image creation, I suppose. I actually went and purchased the program because I had issues with my last backup program (Genie Backup Manager Pro). So, here it is, the first time I have had to rely on this program, and it failed me. I chose to check the archive before restoring (after reinstalling Windows, I didn't want to restore the entire drive, I like a fresh install). It failed with a corrupt image. I can plug the image, and every file is garbage. I have done checksums on some test ISOs that I transferred to the drive and they all came back fine. Great. I definately have zero confidence in this program, and will never recommend it. It is a shame that I didn't do this during the trial period. I could have saved myself $50. Garbage, that is what TI9 is.

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Re: Acronis, through the window

As you have discovered there are still problems with TI9.
    However, TI8 works well for most users who have experienced problems with TI9.
    After registering TI9 you can download a free copy of TI8.
    If you are not totally disillusioned then perhaps you might try that - you'll probably have a better experience.

3. vwgtiturbo

Re: What does it take to get a refund from this company?!!

I will say, I totally agree with his sentiment towards this program. Check out this link for a screen shot of this program doing it's magic http://rondeagle.com/Acronis-Errors.jpg
    Do you see all of the times I have run this backup program, and how many red x's I have? Ridiculous...
    THAT is a quality backup solution if I ever did see one. Who do I need to contact about a refund? I have owned this program for a week and I am at wits end. It is really unfortunate, as I have had nothing but the best things to say about Disk Director 9... That is the one purchase I have made that swayed me towards buying Acronis products for backup duty. That is all out the window now.

4. vwgtiturbo

Re: Read Error 0X70003

So I am not alone... This has been messing with me too. Any solutions yet? Check out this link for a screen grab of my log file http://rondeagle.com/Acronis-Errors.jpg
    I have posted elsewhere on this forum, displaying my disgust with Acronis, and my loss of 320Gb of data, so I won't go into that here...

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

SO that support will actually be able to assist you should that be your desire, I have merged your posts that were spread around the forum. Since your second posts added a little information that might help, this should make the situation much less confusing to onlookers.

6. vwgtiturbo

Well, I think I may have stumbled onto something... When I do NOT create a Secure Zone, and just do the backups to another drive (NTFS), everything checks out okay. I get no errors during image creation and none during image verification.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vwgtiturbo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really sorry for your inconvenience.

Could you please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please also collect the following information:

- As I understood, your image that verifies as corrupted resides in Acronis Secure Zone. Is this correct?

If not, then please tell me where do you store this image.

- Whether this particular image archive verifies as corrupt both from under Windows and when booted from Bootable Rescue CD (created using build 2302)?

- Try to mount this image as a virtual drive by means of the Plug Image tool and let us know the result;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appeared step-by-step.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will certainly investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  8. vwgtiturbo

Where should I sent this, just to Acronis Support?

9. JT355

JT355 Registered Member

Hi vwgtiturbo,

I have the same problems as you. I regularly run the check archive utility and I sometimes get a complete thumbs up on the secure zone and I can run it a minute later and get a corrupted image error, usually accompanied by a 'Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated'. I run it again and I get a completely ok result. It is very intermittent.

I thought of trying to back up just to an ordinary partition and I got a few good archive checks before getting the dreaded "Operations completed with errors" message. I have now put back the secure zone.

I can mount the archive sucessfully onto a drive letter and can browse the drive ok. It seems ok but those error messages are disturbing and makes me a little less than confident about using the image in a real emergency.

Does anybody know what partition "0-0" actually is?

10. vwgtiturbo

As a throwback to my Linux experience, I believe 0-0 is drive 0, partition 0 (basically, the first drive on the system, and the first partition on that drive). I could be mistaken though, as I don't know much about Acronis, besides the fact that I have very little confidence in it.

11. JT355

JT355 Registered Member

Thanks vwgtiturbo. I think that Acronis believes that secure zone is on partition "2-6". That's strange because I don't have 3 physical drives and I don't have 6 partitions on either of my drives. I have a simple setup of a master and a slave drive which I am using exclusively for the purposes of back-ups.

I have had no problems checking the archive for several days now and the problems seem to have gone away. The partition "0-0" which it says is terminating on it may be the first NTFS partition that Windows left behind when I created the secure zone. It wouldn't let me use 100% of the storage on my slave drive but left a small 16Mb NTFS partition. The only thing in there seems to be a folder for the recycle bin. Does anybody know of a way that I can get rid of this partition and just have the secure zone on my slave drive?

12. Acronis Support

Hello vwgtiturbo,

Please collect all necessary information requested above and send it to Acronis Support.

We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

13. Acronis Support

Hello JT355,

Please note that "partition 2-5" is Acronis Secure Zone which is located on your second hard drive.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support along with the link to that thread. Our Support Team will provide you with a possible workaround regarding your small 16 Mb partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.