acronis error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by payneb, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. payneb

payneb Registered Member

I just got a new machine in from Lenovo and I am trying to push down one of our older images (probably a year old) with Acronis. I get this error message right before its done:

device: pci\Ven_8086&dev_3A02&subsys_304817AA&rev_02

After I hit OK, and restart, the machine will go into a continuous boot loop.

I had searched around and someone mentioned it was the SATA? But the machines that I've imaged before run SATA also.

Any ideas?

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

hi,
    welcome to the forum ;)

1. what TrueImage version do you have (Version and built)
    2. SATA is not = SATA. It is depending of the controller you are using.
    3. Where does the old image reside? (other hdd?)
    4. do you start Ti from Windows or from the recovery-CD?

Note:
    Maybe the controller works in AHCI mode it can happen that TI cannot cope with it.

3. payneb

payneb Registered Member

1. Build 8.353, grabbed it on 7/7/09

3. We store all of our images on a network server (same subnet)
    4. Start from a bootable aconis disk, goes straight into acronis Ti after boot.

Thanks,

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If by "push down" you mean restore then you will run into the problem of trying to restore to different hardware which requires the use of the Universal Restore option. Then if the Image was made from a system that used IDE instead of Sata that will be another hurdle to overcome.

5. payneb

payneb Registered Member

I tried the Universal Restore option and that surprisingly didnt work. That's when I get the error message. I did find that this is what I need: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imst/sb/cs-012304.htm

'Intel® ICH10D SATA AHCI controller hub'

Some of the computers that I image have SATA drives, but they don't get an error.

Does this mean that I just need to update the driver on the image? The driver is actually an .exe which makes my life harder b/c the error message in acronis lets me choose a driver from a location.

Any other ideas?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello payneb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Products!

Recently I faced the same problem when I tried to restore an image on a laptop with Intel ICH7 SATA controller.
    The problem was the following. By default The SATA controller operates in Enhanced mode that is supported by new OSs like Vista only, and I was trying to restore an image with Windows XP.
    So I had to switch it to Compatible (Legacy) mode in BIOS.

"Enabling AHCI or RAID after installing the operating system is not recommended or supported when a Serial ATA hard drive is the boot drive. Enabling AHCI or RAID after installing the operating system may cause an immediate blue screen with an 0x0000007b error code, followed by a reboot. If you wish to use AHCI or RAID, they should be enabled before installing the operating system."

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.