Acronis "error creating file..."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nico157, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nico157

Nico157 Registered Member

HI,

I'm using Acronis*True*Image*Workstation® version 9.1 (build*3,633)

I do backup to remote storage and sometimes, may be due to short inacessibility of remote storage Acronis says:

-------------------
    Error creating the file.

Please press Retry to try again or press Cancel to cancel the operation and stop.: Retry/Cancel
    ---------------------------
    The task does not go on unless I click Retry.

Can I setup automaticaly respond to this event or setup backup task to restart automaticaly.

thanks

2. sf3438

sf3438 Registered Member

i have the same error.. except after this clicking retry a bunch of times i got an error later on that said 'file i/o error' which i could not click through.

i am still hoping to figure this out as well.
    if i find out whats wrong i will let you know.
    please post if you manage to get it working.

thank you

3. Nico157

Any ideas?

thx / Nico

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nico157,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation

First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

The I/O errors may concerns Acronis SnapAPI drivers malfunction or file system errors. You may try to reinstall Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and run chkdsk utility. Check the disks for errors in the following way:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. Nico157

Thanks,

all hard drives are ok, the problem is I do backup to remote data storage and if the destination becomes unavailable for a bit the backup stack... And what I need to push it go further after destination drive is available or restart the process again. Does Acronis scheduled task have this option ( like restart time-out and repeat) ?

thank you

6. Nico157

I am using the last build of 9.1 edition of Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.