Acronis DS and Partition Magic compatibilty

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by armagedon, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armagedon

armagedon Registered Member

i gave a shot recently to DDS by resizing partitions on my laptop disk using XP sp2. I have 2 NTFS partitions, decrease "C:" size to increase "D:" size. All worked well and Windows seems satisfied too.

I also have PArtition Magic 8.0 which if i run on my system now report an error (106) and cannot read partitions information at all from my disk. I also have an NTFS dos reader/writer which cannot read the second partition information. Both were able before.

As Windows has no problem with the resized partitions, i am not too concerned. I am however wandering if Acronis DDS manipulate partition information in a "proprietary" way which can render it incompatible for some other softwares.

I always used a bootable CD for all those softwares.

TX

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello armagedon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 does work properly with partitions and all the applications should work normally after you resize or create the partition. Please open "Start" -> "Run" and issue the command:
    chkdsk d: /r

if you have problems with d: partition.

If the problem persists please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? We will examine your partition layout and let you know of any possible problems. I would also recommend that you contact Symantec Support Team concerning the problems with their product.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.