Acronis does not make images greater than 4 GB

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gearloose, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearloose

gearloose Registered Member

In our company we use Acronis True Image Server 8.0 (Build 1.002) as a backupsolution to write on an external Diskspace. On one Server we have the problem that Acronis don't make the images greater then 4GB. Also the images can't be mounted our even checked.

I hope somebody understands or better knows the problem and can help. I will be very pleased.

Sorry, my English ist not so good.

gearloose

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

you need to format the external drive as NTFS to overcome the 4GB limit of FAT32.

3. dougeeebear

dougeeebear Registered Member

That's true, but I doubt if the FAT32 file system would be able to see it.

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

If a drive is NTFS, that does not affect any other drive.
    Indeed, ubless u r concerned wit sharing a drive wit hnon-Wondows systems, or pre-Win 2000, all drives should be NTFS.

5. gearloose

gearloose Registered Member

Also an other problem is on the same server. There comes an error that the drive letter couldn't be mounted to the images that i would browse.

I checked the images an the were no errors.

The external HDD was formated with FAT32. Now its NTFS :rolleyes:

Thanks!!! I will see next week if it takes effect.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gearloose,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

If there is a hidden partition in the image, please don't mount this partition (select the Do not mount option for it).

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers for older versions and install with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall the drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please run "regedit" command (Start -> Run) and export the registry keys below:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

Please create screenshots of all steps of mount wizard including the error message.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. ioleske

ioleske Registered Member

Gearloose - I had the same problem with my first install. No matter where I pointed it, it gave me DVD sized pieces (4GB). I had to uninstall and reinstall and now it gives me a complete archive in one file larger than 4GB. Not the greatest scenario because you have to recreate your scheduled tasks, but it did work.

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Are you sure you weren't pointing locations that were formatted FAT32? The max file size for FAT32 is 4GB.TI will create 4GB files automatically on drives formatted FAT32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.