Acronis Disk Wont Boot and Image Wont Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TampaSandman, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TampaSandman

TampaSandman Registered Member

We use Acronis in our office and have run into a weird problem. I am changing out machines so I created a Acronis emergency boot disk on my laptop. I did this 3 times and it absolutely refuses to boot on a new Dell Optiplex GX280. My tech guy thinks it has to do with the SATA drives because he claims to have had weird issues with GHOST also. I was forced to use the Floppy Boot. AFter loading all my new software on this machine I attempted to back it up and it said it would require 3 CD's. After 2 CD's it said it was completed. When I tried to restore the Image it said I needed to put the last volume disk in so I put disk #2. Acronis still says its not the last volume or my image is corupt. I have doen this 2 times now. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

2. Gavinwho

Gavinwho Guest

You must verify your bootable CD and the Image CD's first. Make sure you create images to the size that is specified in user guide. Use nero IN CD / DVD
    incd formatt first and write your images to the CD / DVD.
    ( use rewritable discs ). It is better create small image in your hard drive and
    write to CD / DVD's this way it faster.

If you have a network store it your network drive.

Good Luck

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TampaSandman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

1. What concerns the problem with Bootable Rescue CD:

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem:

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- Tell me if you have received any error messages. What exact error messages?

- When exactly does the boot process stop when you are trying to boot from the Booatble Rescue CD?

- Clarify whether you are able to boot from the Bootable Rescue floppies;

2. As for the problem with burning your images to CDs:

Please re-create an image using the latest build (937) and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please inform me about the following details:

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- Tell me if you have received any error messages. What exact error messages?

- Verify the image by means of the Check Image tool and inform me about the results;

- Please also try to create an image saving it to any local or network hard drive specifying the image archive split size manually (set it to 650MB or 700MB) and then verify this image using the Check Image tool. Let me know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.