Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by FanJ, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

First of all:
    Dear mods/admins: I wasn't sure where to post this; it is an Acronis product but not TrueImage.
    Please feel free to move this to a better place (maybe Software & Services is better?).

=================

Some days ago Acronis published a new product:
    Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0

Site:
    http://www.acronis.com/products/diskdirector/

A little quote:
    Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 brings together the most popular disk management functions in a single suite.
    - Partitioning
    - Multibooting
    - Disk editing
    - Partition recovery

Some notes by me:
    Those products already existed from Acronis:
    Partition Expert
    OS Selector
    Disk Editor
    Recovery Expert

At the moment I have to admit that I'm not completely sure whether they were upgraded. That could very well be my fault: I haven't read it all fully at the moment, sorry.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, FanJ

Tanks Fanj, I have seen it [ADDS 9.0] also had email.

I have all Acronis products [2003] except OS Selector.

The Recovery Expert [03] is just magic. [patients needed]

But I not sure if there is much difference in them, the Partitioning bit seem to read [wrote, Key features] different in as much of a choice of setting clusters.

Which can been done with Partition Expert 03 but only after a format,
    which is wrong [IMO] as you should be able to do it as you chose the file type and size.

But as I now use SATA Raid Array most do not work with my Array so I am
    waiting for the support. [no holding breath :D]

So I will not be updating at the moment.

Take care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

No SATA support? Seriously? If so, incompetent product management strikes again.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, tazdevl

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

No no there is SATA support.

It is that there is no support a this moment for my Si3112 Raid Controller, but Acronis is working on it. [I have been assured by Anton]

Thanks anyway tazdevl :D.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. tazdevl

No worries, I just find it interesting that Acronis' hardware support is always a half year behind the competition despite 3X the number of updates.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tazdevil --

I understand your concerns, but please believe that we are trying to do our best as it would be better both for us and for our customers.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

7. tazdevl

Hi Anton, no worries, I realize you aren't responsible but at the same time, not supporting certain chipsets and interfaces that have been on the market for quite some time puts your company at a distinct disadvantage with respect to the competition. Their products seem to be much less dependent on updates to support newer chipsets than TI 7.0.

8. revsly

revsly Registered Member

Anton,
    I recently purchased the Disk Director Suite 9.0 online in order to do some partitioning. Using the demon of partitionexpert I was able to create the partitions I wanted, but, of course, not execute the partitions (commit). With the purchase of the product all was smooth sailing until I tried in the wizard to create a partition. I highlighted the desired disk and the radio button "next" would not activate, meaning I could not proceed. Other functions -- increase free space, copy partition -- were operable. I uninstalled the product and reinstalled. Same thing. I tried to upgrade partitionexpert, but was told that my username or email was incorrect, or that I was trying to upgrade for a product I didn't have. I'm pretty confused at this point. Can you assist me? ssylvester@kingofglory.com.

Steve

9. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Sounds like you did not select "Free Space" on a drive. You cannot create a partition ubless you have some free space on a drive. Once you have free space and then select the free space area, the create button will be available.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  10. revsly

revsly Registered Member

Not sure about "free space", but why would it be that when I was using the demo everything went well up until commit. How does one "select" free space? Directions simply say to defrag, run the wizard, click on drive and then format, all of which went perfectly well with the demo, but not with the actual product.
    Thanks.

11. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

If for example: "Format" is available, then there is already a partition there - most likely taking up the whole drive. Therefore, no free space is available to create another partition until you make some.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Revsly --

Indeed, if you have a partition, that takes the whole space of your drive, you need to resize it prior to creating another one.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.