Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 pros & cons

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Stro, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

I'm in the market for two pieces of software - disk imaging and hard drive partitioning.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone has first hand experience using the Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 disk partition software. I'd like to know the pros and cons. And how it compares to Partition Magic 8.0.

Also, does anyone know why there is not a subsection for Disk Director Suite 9.0 under the Acronis official forum section this Wilder's Forum?

Here's an off-topic side bar:
    For my disk imaging selection, I'm seriously considering Acronis True Image 7.0 based on reviews (pretty much on par with the Symantec (previously PowerQuest) Drive Image 7), but GREATLY based on the availability of the True Image section of this Wilders forum. From previous questions I've emailed to Symantec concerning their SystemWorks software, I know first hand the frustration of receiving a reply which only partially, or vaguely, addresses the question. I love Wilders, on the other hand, because you can pose questions and get answers, and all this happens in a quick turn around time. I emailed Symantec asking if they have a user forum. Their support rep replied that I can send suggestions to Symantec; users suggestions are reviewed by developers for possible inclusion in product upgrades. I emailed back clarifying my request for a user discussion forum. The same support rep again replied with the same exact response he gave me in his first email!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.