Acronis Disk Director killed my PC (HELP)

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Marco_CH, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco_CH

Marco_CH Registered Member

Hiya all

my partition table looked like this:

C: primary (windows)
    D: logical with my data

after i removed the secure acronis partition the program did also delete my partition D: with all my files on it. I let DD run to recover the partition. He found D: and when I tried to recover it my pc immediately rebootet. After that i couldnt load windows. nothing i tried worked.

then i tried to install windows again. the files (from the windows cd) got copied and the pc restarted. but my pc is now in a loop, he cannot proceed with the installation, nothing works. acronis totally screwed my pc up. its a dell with a sata drive.

whats wrong here? now i cannot even install windows fresh... thats totally frustrating.

does anyone have a tip for me?

thanks and kind regards

2. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Marco CH: Boot up Disk Director 10 stand alone full version and "WIPE" your entire drive. Then (hopefully) you can reinstall Windows. This method worked for me before (after much experimentation with boot disks ect.). Let us know what your sit rep is with your decisions and actions. Good Luck

3. Marco_CH

Marco_CH Registered Member

hiya, thanks for your answer

well i could resolve the problem doing this:

I used a bootable CD which contained a lot of different recovery and partition tools and I tried GDisk 1.1.1, eXtended Fdisk 0.9.3 and SPecial Fdisk 2000. The partition table was that much fecked up (thanks a lot acronis) that only SPecial Fdisk 2000 was able to delete the various different partitions (which were created by acronis, not by me manually) and create a new one which i could also set active. This way I was able to re-install windows.

Actually Im really puzzled why Acronis did such a mess but I really hope that Ill never see that again, it was quite frightening to see that my disc needed such a repair procedure and bad enough that all the files, mails etc have got deleted.

*laughs* I actually believed I was on the save side by doing a C: and D: and to use the D partition to save my files. I guess I was wrong, Im using now an external hardware to backup my files and Im not using acronis anymore to save them, Ill do it manually by copying.

Anyways, for anyone whos having a similiar problem (knocking on wood) a possible solution would be to boot SPecial Fdisk 2000.

Thanks and regards
    an ex-acronis user

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.