Acronis Disaster (without the Recovery)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Stephen R, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen R

Stephen R Registered Member

Yesterday my new Maxtor 250GB SATA drive died after one month of service (third failed Maxtor drive in 1 1/2 years. My feelings about Maxtor are for another forum).

Luckily I have another drive on which I can install the OS image I made in True Image 7.0 and then added to in True Image 8.0 which I received for free.

Well imagine my disappointment when I restored the 8.0 image and at then then I received the error message "Internal Error: Number of copied sectors differs from counted." I then verified the image and version 8.0 said it was fine. So I tried the restore again and still received the same message.

So thanks very much Acronis. I purchased True Image because of the great reviews it recevied. And now, it fails at the one thing it is useful for, restoring images from failed hard drives.

And now as I read the forum messages, I see that I am not alone in waiting for weeks to get a reply from Acronis. I sent an email about mulitple OS's using Disk Director Suite. And when I finally received a reply it was useless.

Great product. How do I get my money back?

-Stephen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.