Acronis DDS crahses

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by NadeMaster1, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NadeMaster1

NadeMaster1 Registered Member

ok. I decided i wanted to partition my hdd so i could have a dual boot with xp and vista. I have xp already on. So i went to my hdd and decided to split it so i left a good 280 gb part for xp and 160 for vista. then i told it to do it but before that i noticed the new partion was a logical, not a primary, so i attempted to change it to primary but it said i had to split the hdd first. So i split it and then my computer booted. Then when i tried to oepn up DDS it came to analyzing frive 'I' which was the new drive and then it always crashes. And when i try running it a second time without rebooting it freezes when analyzing part 1-1. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I DONT WANT TO HAVE MY COMPUTER CRASHED AGAIN OR LOSE A 160 GB PARTION!!!!

I also went into the computer management, went under the disk management and that won't work either.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

NadeMaster:

Try booting into the recovery CD version of Disk Director. If you see the new partition then you could always just delete it, leaving free space. That should clear whatever error is occurring.

After deleting the new partition, re-create it as a primary NTFS partition. When you reboot into Windows, it should be picked up correctly.

3. NadeMaster1

NadeMaster1 Registered Member

when i tried to make a bootable media thing with the dd program it didnt work either, i will try it with a flash drive this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.