ACRONIS CLONE wON'T REBOOT

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trotter31, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trotter31

trotter31 Registered Member

I AM TRYING TO CLONE DISC TO OTHER DRIVE, IT SAYS COMPLETED , I CHANGE NEW HARD DRIVE TO MASTER, BUT WONT BOOT UP IT SAYS DISC BOOT FAILURE PLEASE HELP?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

What version and build number are you using?
    Did you run TI from within windows? If yes, create the bootable TI Rescue CD, boot with it and do the Clone procedure from it.

3. trotter31

I AM RUNNING VERSION 9.0, I AM NOT SURE WHAT T1 IS? PLEASE HELPPP!!!!!!!!~!11, WINDOWS XP PRO

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

"TI" is an abbreviation for Acronis True Image. People use the abbreviation to say time and space.

What Chutsman is saying is this:
    1. What version number and build number?
    You can get the answer to that by opening TI and clicking the Help Tab and then click the "about" tab. Look at the top line. It will read something like this sample: Acronis True Image Home Version 9.0 (build 3,567)

2. When you did the cloning, was TI (True Image) open in normal Windowx XP mode? or had you booted from the user created True Image boot CD?

If you were in normal Windows mode, Chutsman is suggesting that you create the Bootable CD and redo the cloning from inside the Boot CD.

You have an program option which reads "create bootable menu". The option is on your start menu and also on your Tools drop down menu. This feature creates a bootable True Image CD. By using this special CD, Windows is not used and system files are be captured more accurately.

5. trotter31

THanks I HAVE 9.0 VERSION BUILD 2337, I HOPE I GET THIS TO WORK,

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You should consider downloading the most current build and get updated before running the new clone.

Did you disconnect the old drive?
    Or if you left in place,
    did you re-jumper as slave?
    If slave, is it in the middle connector?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello trotter31,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

As Chutsman and GroverH said above, we recommend you to create Acronis True Image bootable rescue media, boot your computer from it and clone your old hard drive to the new one in rescue mode.

Please find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

Please note also that in order to clone your Windows system to a different hardware, you should first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#30

Please let us know your results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

After you cloned, did you shut down the computer and disconnect the original drive before trying to boot with the new drive?

Also, if you set drive to Master, try setting it to Cable Select -- don't as me why that should matter but sometimes it does.

Also, you did clone not an image?

sh

9. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Registered Member

Hi Guys, I have a similar problem. However mine is that I can't reboot my computer from Win XP Prof. Install disk. It give a message that says:

VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA------SUCCESS.
    NTLDR IS MISSING
    PRESS CTRL/ALT/DEL TO REBOOT

and I press it nothing happens
    I've just made an Acronis Bootable Disk ATI 9.0 (3633) from another computer to see if I can boot a recover from there. Any suggestions guys?

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Devil Dog,

Lots of previous posts regarding missing NTLDR. Use the "Search This Forum > Advanced Search" feature and enter the Key Word "NTLDR".

Regards

11. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Here is what has been given as a possible solution before:

Please boot your computer from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the
    first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    COPY CDDrive:\I386\NTLDR C:\
    COPY CDDrive:\I386|NTDETECT.COM C:\
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

12. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Registered Member

Thanks so much guys, I think I realized why Windows XP won't boot from the CD, I don't know if anyone else have encountered similar problems. But I think if one partition their HD with ATI, windows finds it hard to read the drive. I had partition with Install New Drive capabilities in ATI 9 and each time I try to boot from Windows XP bootable CD, I get the NTLDR IS MISSING error. So I got me a new HD installed it and had Win XP Partition it and everything worked find.I hope our friend at Acronis know this and find a way to fix the problem in their next build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.