Acronis Can No Longer Mount Backup Image

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Woodyt, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodyt

Woodyt Registered Member

After installing a 3TB SATA HDD into a server running Windows Server 2003, I can no longer mount backup images using Acronis. I have tried mounting in Read only and Read/Write and both produce the same errors. Here is what appears in the event viewer after attempting a mount:

http://crumpnuch.com/errors/eventvwr.jpg

This is the error Acronis throws after failing to mount the image:

http://crumpnuch.com/errors/error1.jpg

This is the error I see when clicking on the 'drive' that failed to mount in explorer:

http://crumpnuch.com/errors/error2.jpg

Any insight into this would be very much appreciated. Please let me know if you need any additional information from me.

2. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

What Acronis product are you using..? What is the brand of your 3TB Sata HDD...?

That 3TB SATA hdd is a 4K sector hard drive. I seem to have read something in the Acronis forums about issues with certain Acronis products like Acronis Disk Director 10/11 and Acronis True Image Enterprise 9.1. with capacities larger than 2TB. I don't about the latest builds but it would be better to post it there at the Acronis forums for more help from the developers. Maybe Oleg or Anton can help you there. If your Acronis product does not support 4K sector drives then an upgrade is inevitable.

I think this is related to your problem

LINK

LINK 2

There are reported problems with Windows Server Backup on 4K sector drives HERE

Good luck.

3. Woodyt

Woodyt Registered Member

Thanks for getting back with me, Jason. The HDD I am using is a 3TB Hitachi Deskstar and Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server. The reason I am posting here is because this only started happening after I installed the Paragon tool to allow Windows Server 2003 to see the full size of the drive. The drive is used as an external drive and this issue occurs when the drive is not plugged in. I have a 2TB internal drive that I use to house my disk images. When I try to mount an image (most are under 60GB) I receive the errors I previously posted. I also upated Echo Enterprise Server to the newest builds today and that did not fix the issue either. Any additional insight you or anyone else could provide would be greatly appreciated.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The GPT loader you have to install is what allows the Windows 2003 OS to even see the 3TB driver correctly, natively Windows 2003 doesn't support GPT based disks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.