Acronis Bootable Rescue Media not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jon1, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon1

jon1 Registered Member

I have a problem with Bootable Rescue Media CD.
    It only works in Safe Mode both for True Image and Disk Director.
    However it takes a million years to complete a restore.
    Sometimes it can cause hang also, so that I have to restart.
    I have made a BartPE thanks to Mustang (on this forum) who has made such a good Beginners Guide and Plugins.
    Is BartPE CD supposed to be used instead of Rescue CD?
    Is it safe enough?
    Thanks.

I am using ATI-10 build 49492 and Disk Director-10 build 2160.
    Motherboard MSI P4M900M2 with integrated graphic and sound card.
    Two disk Samsung SP2014N with 200 GB each.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes BartPE is supposed to be used instead of the rescue CD and is perfectly safe. You will see an improvement in restore times.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Just fyi, the ATI rescue CD uses Linux as the OS when you run it in Full Mode-- sometimes the linux hardware drivers are not quite up-to-date for the latest hardware. IN Safe mode, it runs DOS and depends onthe BIOS to handle the hardware (usuallu very slow.

With BARTPe, you use a trimmed down version of Win OS, which has all the necessary drivers that the Win OS has.

4. jon1

jon1 Registered Member

Thanks Thomasjk and Shieber.
    Very good help and information.
    I will only use BartPE from now on.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jon1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As thomasjk and shieber explained, BartPE is a safe workaround when Acronis Bootable Rescue Media doesn't work for some reason. However, if you still would like to use Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, we will certainly try to help resolving the problems you encountered.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. alexmelo

alexmelo Registered Member

Hi,
    It is mentioned here that BartPE with the TI plugin can be a workaround for a CD made with Media Builder (in my case, this CD made with Media Builder only works in Safe Mode in Vista).
    Can I use a BartPE CD (made with Windows XP, because it has to be made with XP) with a TI plugin to boot and make images/recover on a computer running Vista Home Premium?
    (I purchased TI 10 Home, latest build and I am having problems).
    My idea would be to build a BartPE on my older computer running XP SP2 with the TI plugin (the files for the plugin are installed on the Vista computer, after a "custom" installation - I'd transfer the necessary plugin files).
    Regards and thanks

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes a BartPE made with XP SP2 and TI 9 or 10 will backup and restore a Vista machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.