Acronis Bootable rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by erlee, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erlee

erlee Registered Member

Is the bootable rescue CD inherent to a particular computer which generated it? if there are 2 different acronis installation (on 2 diff. PC) are both rescue CDs the same ..or not?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The Cd can be used on any computer. If the version and build of True Image on the two computers are the same they will produce the same Rescue cd.

3. erlee

erlee Registered Member

..and if they are different??

just curious because i tested my rescue CD from a not too new PC (4 year old packardbell which has a copy of TI 9.0) on a brandnew thinkcentre & lo and behold - fatal error `Error E000101F4`.

maybe i need to Buy the latest T11? or not?

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The CD uses Linux as its OS. Different builds of TI will have different drivers in it. Hopefully the later builds/ver will have more to accommodate later hardware.

5. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

It should not matter at all. I have two desktops and two laptops. Two XP systems and 2 Vista systems. Over the years I have Rescue Media by Versions 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and now 11. Anyone will boot any of the systems.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello erlee,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that DwnNdrty is correct. Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware. In other words, it does not depend on the hardware configuration of the system it was created on. Its performance may differ depending on hardware it's run on.

If you encounter problems using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, please make sure it's created using the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post your questions on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.