Acronis boot CD and Smart Array 6i

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clpedro, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clpedro

clpedro Registered Member

Hi all,

i'm trying to restore an image on a blade BL20G3, but after booting on Acronis bootable rescue media, i don' t see any drive.

My smart array is 6i v2.32, and i have the latest version of Acronis TI Enterprise build 921. How can i load the driver for my smart array 6i ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello clpedro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please create a "Safe" version of Acronis Bootable CD and try using it? If it doesn't help please tell the full model name of your hard disk controller and specify which RAID mode you use (if any): 0, 1 or 0+1.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. clpedro

Thank you for your reply,

what do you mean by "Safe" version of Acronis Bootable CD. I try to boot in safe mode of acronis bootable, by in this cas, i don't see any drive (even my cd rom drive).

If i boot in full version, l see my cdrom drive but not my hard disk.

HP Smart Array 6i controller (64MB, v2.32)
    Raid mode 1.

Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Hello clpedro,

To create "Safe" version of Acronis Bootable Rescue CD please launch Acronis True Image, launch "Create Bootable Rescue Media" wizard and follow the steps in it. At one of the steps you will be asked whether you want to create Full or Safe version of Acronis Bootable Media. Please choose "Safe" version and proceed creating the rescue media.

I have consulted our Development Team and found out that your controller is supported so there should be a solution to the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. clpedro

I'm sorry but i can't create a bootable disk as you describe: when launchung the wizard, i can only select floppy or CD-Rom and that's all.
    But when i boot on acronis Bootable media, i can chosse if i want to start "Full version" or "Safe Version" or "Start Windows".

6. Acronis Support

Hello clpedro,

The option to choose the "Safe" version here is the same as to create the "Safe" version in Acronis True Image Enterprise Server. Please press F11 key on the selection screen and get to the Linux Kernel Settings. Please add the string "acpi=off noapic" (without quotation marks) to the end of the string (do not remove the word quiet) and see whether your disks are available. If not please get to the Linux Kernel Settings once again, remove the word "quiet", and wait for the #prompt appears. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.