Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 10 V10.0.10287

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kobi78, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobi78

kobi78 Registered Member

Hello,

I've checked this version and it is realy awefull.

1. This version is installing 6 or 7 parts of programms, you can see ist in Windows XP -> Systemsteuerung -> Software
    With the 9.7.xxx was that only one entry!
    2. I've made a backup and I've folders 1 to 10, in windows xp there are showing from 1 to 10 (after 9 comes the 10) but the new Acronis shows folder 10 after folder one, what a ****!
    3. I cant find a way to install only the basic backup software, acronis is installing the hole tools which I dont need
    4. Is the new version it is confusing!

-> uninstall

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kobi78,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Corporate Products

Actually, the program allows to choose the components that you want to install.

There are three components that should be installed if you use the versions with the remote management:

- Management Console;
    - Agent for Windows (or Agent for Linux);
    - License server.

If you don't need Management Server, Storage Node or Media Builder you can uncheck the respective boxes during the installation.

If you use a standalone version (in Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 editions the standalone version means the local version of the program without the remote management), you should install the following components:

- Management Console;
    - Agent for Windows (or Agent for Linux).

Please see this article for more information. The User Guides are available here.

Could you please illustrate this statement with a screen shot?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. kobi78

kobi78 Registered Member

Hello,

thanks for you'r response, I'll check the installation asap.

The other problem you can see at the picture.

By the way, the version asked me again and again for the passwort to my NAS. That wasn't at the v9.7.x. I must enter the password to every backup (windows has the password saved, so Acronis should use the saved password for my NAS. It was easyer with version 9.7.x).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  4. Acronis Support

Hello kobi78,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please create a vault on your NAS drive, manage a task specifying the credentials to access it and see if the issue remains. Also please try to specify the path using IP address instead of the name.

Please let us know the results.

Please place an e-mail request here with the respective screen shot and sysinfo file, this case should be investigated via e-mail:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. crummock

crummock Registered Member

I'm also seeing this problem.

Created a backup task using a vault on my Linux server (shared using Samba) and it works until I close the program. When I reopen the program Acronis has forgotten my password for the share and scheduled tasks then fail. If I reenter the password for the vault it then works again but only until I close Acronis again.

regards
    Rob

6. Acronis Support

Hello Rob,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Could you please do the following? Please get the access to the server by means of the operating system, after that launch Acronis Backup & Recovery and try to execute the backup operation. Let us know the results. Also, could you please let us know your e-mail address via PM, we will create a case to exchange with diagnostic information.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.