Acronis Backup and Restore Install problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gejfay, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gejfay

gejfay Registered Member

Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 Install problem

Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation (BackupRecoveryAdvanced.10287_w.en.exe) install first creates a "license Server" on my local machine. If I enter the licenses file it is accepted, then the installation places 2 other components ("Manage local machine" and "Run Management Console") on the machine. The install process stops on the installation sceen, and from there I can "download installation files" for all other the other components of AB&R 10 AW. After doing this if I attempt to run any of these msi component installations, such as AcronisagentWindows.msi, I am prompted for the name of the licensing server. I have tried entering the local computer name, the local Ip address and even "localhost" as the value, but each time the component msi install returns with "machine not found" or "There are no available licenses"

How do I get the various components( AcronisAgent, AcronisUniversalRestore msi's) to recognize the License Server on my local machine?

Also when I start "Manage Local machine" an error message "localhost not found" occurs.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. gejfay

gejfay Registered Member

Solved by loading the serial.txt file from the Acronis Web Site for my ECHO workstation.

This information was not available in help files or on the Acronis Web site.

Took hours to figure out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.