Acronis Backup and Recovery Management Console

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by derrickfunk, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derrickfunk

derrickfunk Registered Member

I've installed the Acronis agent on two of my servers (MS Server 2003 fully patched and updated) as I test the latest version of Acronis. I've installed the Management Console on my workstation (Windows 7) so I can manage each of my servers. When trying to connect to either of my servers I receive the following error:

Code: 11,468,816(0xAF0010)
    Module: C:\Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\mms.exe
    Message: Failed to establish remote connection: Remote connections are disabled.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

2. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Registered Member

Are you launching Management Console with "Run as Administrator" option?

I have Backup and Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation running on Windows 7 RC x64. I was getting a similar mms.exe error when launching Management Console, choosing to manage local machine, then selecting backup.

My error was telling me the account didn't have permissions for backing up and restoring files. I added the permissions to my local account...still got the same error.

When I launched Management Console with "Run as Administrator" the error no longer shows up and I can choose what drives I want to backup.

So, if you haven't tried running as Admin, try it and see if that helps.
    SomeoneElse

3. derrickfunk

derrickfunk Registered Member

Thank you. I tried this to no avail. I've also verified the firewall is off and I get the same error when I try to run management console from one server to manage the other. The operating systems are both Windows server 2003 with all patches and updates. Managing the local machine runs error free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.