Acronis and Windows Vista??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by prikkelpitt, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prikkelpitt

prikkelpitt Registered Member

Hi there,
    first of all sorry for my bad english, im german:D :D .
    I have a problem to make a restore of an backup image. I made these Image with Acronis v4871. Afaik, these version is ready with Windows Vista, isnt it?

Ok, what i have done.
    I start Acronis True Image and choose "backup" and "my computer". No problems, everythig works fine. Then i try to do a restore of the system using this backup image. after i choose the whole options there comes a message which says i have to restart the computer. while booting, after a while there comes a black screen with the acronis logo top left and "loading, please wait".
    after that, nothing happen. im waiting 2 hrs, nothing.

So, i even try to boot with the rescue media cd. booting with this, i have 3 options, "save mode", "full mode" and "windows". If i choose save mode or full mode, the same thing happens. acronis logo and "loading please wait", and nothing more.
    Could anyone help me?

thx
    prikkelpitt

2. SysKeeper

SysKeeper Registered Member

Hello

TI 10 up from 4871 is Vista ready, yep! There is a new build out (4940), which should fix the restore Problem (that's at least what I've read about the new build). Maybe you should try updating your Version?

Best Regards,
    SysKeeper

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Prikkelpitt, are you using any wireless devices or have many usb devices including hubs on that system?

4. prikkelpitt

@ralphie

No wireless devices here.
    Im using an external usb hdd, connected on an build-in hdd dock station and the build-in cardreader, no hubs.

prikkelpitt

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

A dock station? So this is a laptop. Can you try the process without the docking station? Is there a usb port directly on the laptop to connect the external usb drive?

6. prikkelpitt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.